Default Tower Speakers Buzz when blower is on

I have my tower speakers run off my amp which is hooked to the sub outlet on my deck. When I have the blower (pumps etc) on, the speakers buzz?

Someone suggested this is a grounding problem?
    06 LSV
    2 - 750lb Fatsacks, Custom Sunbrella Cover and Bimini, Kenwood KMR440MU and Amp Bazooka Tower Speakers, Aerial Mirror, Stargazer, 4 Port Heater.

Toys - O'Brien Natural, CWB Pure, IS Yellow Loogie, CWB Ride, Hyperlite Voyageur for the kids.

Mike - some decks (like your 700U) have full range sub outputs. He's probably fine. But it does beg the question where did the other 2 sets of outputs go?

-Brian
    Exile Audio

I fixed this issue on mine by grounding the headunit directly to the battery, instead of off the helm bus as it came wired from the factory.

Going to try ground the unit to the battery. Thanks
    06 LSV
    2 - 750lb Fatsacks, Custom Sunbrella Cover and Bimini, Kenwood KMR440MU and Amp Bazooka Tower Speakers, Aerial Mirror, Stargazer, 4 Port Heater.

Toys - O'Brien Natural, CWB Pure, IS Yellow Loogie, CWB Ride, Hyperlite Voyageur for the kids.

Finally got around to getting the dohickey to wire it to the battery. Fixed the buzz right away.

Thanks
    J
    06 LSV

Good deal! Thanks for reporting back. I wonder if SC has fixed this on newer boats...

This is a common problem on all boats.

Short answer is just ground to the batteries and be done with it.

Glad to hear it worked out!

Brian
    Exile audio

I've got the same exact issue so I will try the fix as well and report back. Thanks fellas.

And Mike, on my head unit, I can set the sub pre-outs so that it sends a full range signal.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I was getting engine noise thru the speakers, hissing when the blower was on, and a popping sound when I trimmed the wakeplate. I grounded the head unit directly to the battery as suggested here and it fixed all three issues. Thanks!!
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV