Default 2005 LSV Overheating Impeller

So this weekend I bought a new to me Mobius LSV in excellent shape. Took it out sunday and the boat went into reduced power mode or whatever you want to call it. Temp gauge was pegged. Get it home and I pull the water pump cover off and sure enough most of the vanes on the little impeller are missing. My question is, I noticed on the bottom of this boat there appears to be 2 water intakes. I see the one that goes into the strainer and then on to the water pump, but what is the other one for? Cheers.

Port side (left) is the intake for the engine, raw water pump and the right side is for the ballast. Make sure you clean out the trans cooler when you replace the impeller. It is the first and pretty much the only place for the blades to get stuck and it will definately cause the engine to keep overheating if you don't clean the blades out.
    2006 Moomba OBV-"If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you".

ballasts intake

Quote Originally Posted by OBV6 View Post
    Port side (left) is the intake for the engine, raw water pump and the right side is for the ballast. Make sure you clean out the trans cooler when you replace the impeller. It is the first and pretty much the only place for the blades to get stuck and it will definately cause the engine to keep overheating if you don't clean the blades out.
    How do you clean that out? Is there a way to backflush? Thats for your responses everyone.

Upper most hose coming from the raw water pump (at the rear of the boat) goes right into the trans cooler sleeve just before it enters the block. Pull the hose off the bottom of the sleeve and inside you should feel a steel mesh sleeve. This is where all of the debri ends up and is prevented from entering the block. Just stick a finger in and feel around. If you already have a dealer installed inline strainer all you should ideally find is impeller vanes. There is also a brass trans cooler drain plug (13mm) on the bottom of it. Most likely for winterization, pull it out if you feel the need, but probably isn't neccessary. A standard screw driver or 5/16 nut driver will remove the hose clamp that holds the trans cooler hose, easy fix!
    2006 Moomba OBV-"If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you".

I just did all this yesterday! Took the boat out and it seems to be cooling just fine now, knock on wood! Thanks for all the help. Ill post some pictures when I get time of what I found, youll be shocked. Cheers. BL