Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I bet it vapor locked, mine did it on Wednesday while 40 miles from our condo via water. A couple of bottles of cold water on the fuel pump and the fuel filter and it was good to go in 10 minutes. Sorry it ruined your day.

My Supra started to vapor lock last year after 3 years of running great. The dealer told me to put in a new fuel filter because the Ethanol was breaking down the filter and restricting the fuel flow. Less fuel in the fuel pump made it easy to vapor lock. I changed out the filter and have not had any problems since. But, now I always carry a squirt bottle to spray the fuel pump just in case! Hope that's all it is.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by patrick232 View Post
    I bet it vapor locked, mine did it on Wednesday while 40 miles from our condo via water. A couple of bottles of cold water on the fuel pump and the fuel filter and it was good to go in 10 minutes. Sorry it ruined your day.
    not to hijack the thread but i'm a new boat owner...13 months now. i see vapor lock issue come up now and then what exactly is it and what does the cold water do to help it.
    i always have a cooler of water so it seems like an easy solution but just wanna kinda understand what it is and how the water helps. thanks guys
    08 lsv all red- dual battery system, kicker 700.5 and 450.2 amp, 10" kicker sub, wetsounds eq, polk db651 cabin speakers, exile xm7 tower speakers, ss thru hull fittings, seadek pad, evolutions cover

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10664

Quote Originally Posted by gus 08 mobius lsv View Post
    not to hijack the thread but i'm a new boat owner...13 months now. i see vapor lock issue come up now and then what exactly is it and what does the cold water do to help it.
    i always have a cooler of water so it seems like an easy solution but just wanna kinda understand what it is and how the water helps. thanks guys
    I'm no mechanic, but what I believe happens is fuel pump gets hot enough that it actually vaporizes the fuel inside the pump. This usually happens as soon as you turn the engine off and the pump quits pumping fuel. With no fuel flowing the fuel sitting in the pump actually turns to vapor and when you try to restart the pump can't pull fuel because of the vaporized fuel.

When you spray the pump with cold water the fuel pump cools quickly and returns the vaporized fuel back to its original liquid state allowing the engine to refire.

It usually take about 5-10 minutes after you spray the fuel pump with cold water vs. sitting for 30 minutes waiting for the pump to cool on it's own. Hope that makes sense.

Scott

Thanks for all the replies!! It is at the dealer now and I hope it is an easy fix. I will keep everyone posted.

Quote Originally Posted by skiyaker View Post
    I had a friend buy a Tige because the dealer told him it's a "dry boat" well sure enough if you drive it incorrectly you can take water over the bow on his boat too. When I first got my OBV last year I did it several times while surfing before I got the hang of it; haven't taken water over the bow once this year. I was out on Lake Barkley- passed a 40 ft sea ray with a little excitement but kept the nose up and took the rollers at a slight angle=no water.
    I agree in learning a new boat and boat style..I am learning what and what not to do. This was a 'special" circumstance because there was 100's of boat in the water, a river at that, i was taking waves diagonally and manuvering the boat. This wave appeared out of nowhere perpendicullar and RIGHT in front of me, didn't even have time to pull throttle back and wham! Like a t-bone at a bar-b-que.
    But kids like to ride in bow and find that even in mild waters it rolls waves right in the boat, but move weight back and it good but bow rises and the porpoises on waves. Not ready to get rid of it just yet, just amazed at the design differences and ride changes for such cool boats...get lots of compliments on mine...makes a prode owner!!

Thats "PROUD OWNER"!!!!! above..... I should learn to spellcheck before posting..

Default I Thought For A Minute I Hated My Moomba

Bought An 05 Lsv Recently, Loaded, With Only 131 Hours. So Far So Good. First Let Me Point Out That I've Owned Boats For Over 40 Years, Lived On A Houseboat For A Few Great Years, And Never Had Any Misshaps. Well Here We Go. Day 4 With My Moomba, Hit A Rock, $500 New Prop. Ok Not Bad Yet. Day 6, On The Sacramento River, In An Area I've Boated 50 Times Previously, Hit A Submerged Tree. Rudder Gone, Shaft Support Bent, Shaft Bent, Prop Mangled, That Is My New Prop Mangled. One Week, And $45oo Later, Back On The Water. Next Day, Drive Plate Making Noise. 3 Days In The Shop, $2000 Later, Back On The Water. I Certainly Dont Hate My Moomba, I Love It!! But I Love My Insurance Company Even More!!!!!!!!!

This Is My First Post, But Not My Last.
    Anybody Know How To Recondition The Rubber On The Swim Platform? Mine Looks Good But Is Turning Hands And Feet Slightly Black.

Definitely get the Seadek pad. You can order it custom how you like it. Here's the link to the thread with my photos of the color samples they will send you:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....ht=seadek+mica
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!