Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Today, I officially HATE my Moomba!!!!!

It is a great day here in the Pacific NW. Got the family and a couple of my girls friends up early to head out to the lake. Also, another family coming out to spend the day with us. All is good....Now the bad. My youngest gets a nice set in on the wakeboard. Then, I get a good set in, and then my oldest gets up and is on her way. She falls off and I turn the boat around to get her and the boat dies. I crank it back over and it starts after a few trys. As soon as I put it in gear and give it some gas....it dies. It will crank over, but no start. I got lucky and a very nice guy pulled me back to the launch. About 20 minutes after we were being pulled, I started the boat and it fired, but when I put it in neutral and gave it gas, it died. So, anyone know what it could be? It is a 2008 LS with 38.8 hours on it. I know its under warranty, but I want to try and lead the guys at the shop. Oh and a big thanks to the guy in the Bayliner 175 that was fishing who pulled me and my family in!! He would not take any money, so I threw $40 inside his boat and told him lunch/beer/gas/whatever was on me. Thanks for any help or insight you can give..............I want to like my Moomba, but this is the second time in as many years that it has stranded me

vapor lock, maybe fuel filter plugged or water intake plugged. did it have a high temp above 160 when it quit?
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

The temp looked good, maybe a bit higher than normal, but looked ok. I am going to call the dealer tomorrow, but that does not fix the ruined day today!

Unfortunately that's part of boating and it happens to the best of us and all brands. I saw Malibus and Mastercrafts both being towed in today. The good part is the great days you'll have as well.

As far as insight goes with modern boats it could be almost anything from vapor lock as said to electronics.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Sorry for your issues, hopefully it's a simple fix but the bad part of boating is being stranded and needing to get towed. You always seem to feel guilty if a stranger tows you in because you feel you've taken time from their day. I hope the boating Gods are keeping score as I've towed two people in this year already.

Seems to be an issue with your Indmar engine and not your Moomba boat.

I'm begining to hate my Moomba, too!!! Not for any engine troubles (knock on wood, none so far), but because it is TOO easy to get water from waves over the bow!! Also its stablity on rougher water is odd! (First Moomba, first wakeboat, new to the design for me and trying to get used to it) Ruin of my weekend!!!! Was traveling 22 mile in rough river waters with 4000 Boats!! Had a JERK in a 34ft cut across in front of me and dropped head in a wave and took in 10in water in the WHOLE boat!!! Luckily the bilge pump worked fast for the most of it then for some reason slowwed down flow, but we got back to dock!! It was freakin nuts out there...NOT doing the Aquapalooza thing again a Lake Travis...they are right...Austin is weird!LOL

Quote Originally Posted by NewmbaTX View Post
    I'm begining to hate my Moomba, too!!! Not for any engine troubles (knock on wood, none so far), but because it is TOO easy to get water from waves over the bow!! Also its stablity on rougher water is odd! (First Moomba, first wakeboat, new to the design for me and trying to get used to it) Ruin of my weekend!!!! Was traveling 22 mile in rough river waters with 4000 Boats!! Had a JERK in a 34ft cut across in front of me and dropped head in a wave and took in 10in water in the WHOLE boat!!! Luckily the bilge pump worked fast for the most of it then for some reason slowwed down flow, but we got back to dock!! It was freakin nuts out there...NOT doing the Aquapalooza thing again a Lake Travis...they are right...Austin is weird!LOL
    I had a friend buy a Tige because the dealer told him it's a "dry boat" well sure enough if you drive it incorrectly you can take water over the bow on his boat too. When I first got my OBV last year I did it several times while surfing before I got the hang of it; haven't taken water over the bow once this year. I was out on Lake Barkley- passed a 40 ft sea ray with a little excitement but kept the nose up and took the rollers at a slight angle=no water.
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

tough with those big big boats. this spring we rented a potton baot to cruiz the marco river up to Naples Fl and we trailed a 40 ft something it was awesome, til it hit the throttle and almost tipped over over pontoon boat had to pust abot 4fters comeing off that thing.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Plain and simple, these boats are not meant to cruise along side 35/40 foot boats nor handle their wakes.
    08 Outback
    82 American Skier