Default Sporadic stereo issues

I'm a bit of a stereo novice, so looking for a little advice. A couple of trips ago, while pulling a wakeboarder, I hit a wave that rattled the boat pretty good, and my speakers all went to crap for about 3 minutes. Sounded like they were all blown, and just lots of static, but then it cleared up. Then yesterday, same thing happened, but it didn't clear up.

I figured I would mess around with it today to see if I could find any loose connections, and it sounds perfect today after sounding terrible yesterday. I tried jiggling all of the wires while playing my ipod today, and never got it to sound bad.

Any ideas on what could be happening? I know it'll happen again, but I don't know what to do if I can't recreate it. What would be the most likely culprit?

I'm running 2 Kicker amps, kicker kmt6 towers, polk cabins, and a boston acoustic sub. I also have the WS-420 equalizer.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

I kept losing a whole side and couldn't find any loose connection or anything. Turns out my "good" ipod connector isn't as "good" as the "cheap" one. Wiggling the plug connector would bring back the whole other side. I'll have a fix for that by the next time out.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    I would check the battery cables as well, they could be slightly loose.

Check all the wires at your amps, check RCA cables from the deck to the amp. Also check the connectors behind the deck from the factory.

I assume its the entire stereo not just towers?
    yeah, pretty sure it's the entire stereo.

Thanks for the advice. I haven't checked the connections on the back of the deck, because they are a PITA to get to, but I'll give that a try.
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

If you can't recreate the problem on your own, the next time it does it disconnect the RCA cables from the amps. Then start to plug your RCA's one connection at a time back in and see when and where the noise comes back. That way you can figure out if its present in the entire system or not.

The connections are in a moist enviroment and overtime corride, so more then likely you have a bad connection somewhere. Probably on your head unit. I know the RCA's coming off my head unit that I have 1 set that is no longer working correctly and is creating a high pitch whine.
    Nate