Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Elevated1,
    The place to begin at this point is to maintain what you have and add what you lack. There are more linear in-boat speakers than the factory but once you add a subwoofer you will find the following changes.
    * The bottom two octaves, once instated and properly powered, will add a great deal of fullness and perception of volume.
    * When you convert your existing amplifier and coaxial speakers to highpass, narrow their bandwidth and responsibilities, the result will be much cleaner and substantially louder. Even plain speakers come to life.

Add a quality waterproof bass-reflex sub enclosure with a corresponding 10-inch driver plus a good monoblock amplifier.
    You won't believe how dramatically different your system will sound with this easy and inexpensive upgrade. I would look at changing your in-boat speakers after acquiring your tower speakers in case you want to run a consistent cosmetic scheme.

David
    Earmark Marine

Thanks for the excellent advice. I do have kickers for cabin speakers curently. I think I would like to start with the sub and amp. I only have a single battery now. Should I upgrade too two batteries and a switch first before going with the sub and amp? I will buy only quality parts. I hate having that if I only would have spent more money feeling. I will check out the exile site. Sounds like they have some nice products. Again thanks and I will check out the video link posted.
    2008 Outback V Black & White

Watched the first 3 vids. Great info, very helpfull.
    2008 Outback V Black & White

Elevated1,
    A second battery is less about your system usage while underway when you are primarily powered by the alternator.
    If you play your system at rest then a second battery and switch becomes mandatory.
    The second (dedicated stereo) battery must be a true deep cycle rather than a cranking/starting or dual purpose model.

Btw, we do the audio and lighting work for our local Supra/Moomba dealership so we are very familiar with these boats.

David
    Earmark Marine