Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Finally landing w2w jumps. :D

Finally getting to where I can land w2w jumps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqnnEWaOfwY
    2006 Mobius LSV

Sorry wasted space on the forum. I was just excited to finally be able to start landing w2w jumps.
    2006 Mobius LSV

I understand being excited about it. It is always nice to get better. What speed /weight/rope length are you running?
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

If you pop with your knees when you get to the wake, you will go 10 feet past the wake.

from one newb to another

start building your toe side jumps! wasting half the set
    06 LSV
    2 - 750lb Fatsacks, Custom Sunbrella Cover and Bimini, Kenwood KMR440MU and Amp Bazooka Tower Speakers, Aerial Mirror, Stargazer, 4 Port Heater.

Toys - O'Brien Natural, CWB Pure, IS Yellow Loogie, CWB Ride, Hyperlite Voyageur for the kids.

Yeah toe side will be my next adventure. Then I want to start trying to jump switch. Been trying to hit the wake harder and harder when riding switch.

I run 20 mph, no ballast (just driver and 1 passenger), using this rope

http://www.stearnsflotation.com/Core...-P1824C37.aspx

But not sure the length. I took the two 5' sections out which shortened it 10' but not sure how long the main line is.

I know I have to stand up more when I hit the wake to get pop but I just can't get it into my head to do it. I know I have to but just can't get my body to do it.

My wife got me "The Book" set and that has helped out tremendously. Best thing ever. Then put it on my IPOD so I can watch it over and over.
    2006 Mobius LSV

by no means am i a pro, just a weekend warrior. you're in a croutched position when you hit the wake, which means you will not get any pop. you don't have to hit the wake that hard/fast. try cutting half way out then with a controlled progressive edge, keep you legs straight & the rope close to your hip. progressive meaning your constantly going faster as you hit the wake. i think you'll be suprised of the pop you will get off the wake.

check out wakeboard magazines website how to section; "do less with more".

http://wakeboardingmag.com/how-to/20...ore-with-less/
    '08 OBV-gravity III with two 550 lb & one 400 lb, 3 pair of Kicker KM613 cabin speakers, Kicker KM10 sub, one set KM6500.2 HLCD tower speakers, Kicker ZXM700.5 amp, Kicker ZX450.2 & Kenwood KMR-440U head unit

walb0244, Just learn to do a surface switch and you can hit the wake from both sides no problem.

flex, Thanks for the link. I will have to try that now.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

I can go w2w but am always doing it wrong. I just can't grasp the "popping". I read the link that Flex posted and it says to stand straight. I just can't see doing that. If I am standing straight and edging, how does it pop????

Quote Originally Posted by Fat G View Post
    I can go w2w but am always doing it wrong. I just can't grasp the "popping". I read the link that Flex posted and it says to stand straight. I just can't see doing that. If I am standing straight and edging, how does it pop????
    I think it would be better described as "standing up straight". Riding knees bent into the wake and standing up off the top of the wake.
    Last edited by Sharpie647; 07-14-2010 at 09:39 AM.
    2002 LSV