Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Best wakesurf board for 360's

You guys out there nailing 360's surfing, what board are you riding??
    2004 MOBIUS LSV
    2008 Tacoma

Any board of the Inland Surfer line

Last edited by jmvotto; 07-10-2010 at 10:32 AM.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I'm trying 3's on my Triple X 58" Composite

Phase 5 Drew Carbon. First time riding it and first ride of the season and nailed several 3's.

I would not say all Inland Surfers. Their surf-style boards with big fins are hard to break loose. Yes on their skims

Pretty much any skim-style board with one or no fins, just put your hand in the wave an go to town. Hard part is to stop rotating. TT was easy to spin but not fast enough for me to recover. Same on my broadcast 4.9 with fins removed.

For 3s I even distribute weight, bounce and throw everything around at once.
    Working on my 720, I squat like a sumo wrestler, hand in the wave and look over my shoulder and repeat. Still over-rotating and can't recover.

On surf-style boards, I have an easier time doing a 180, stall and let the fins grab and finish the turn. Only did it once, and much different than skim imo and harder, but I skim mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by sailing217 View Post
    On surf-style boards, I have an easier time doing a 180, stall and let the fins grab and finish the turn. Only did it once, and much different than skim imo and harder, but I skim mostly.
    How about a brief tutorial for us noobs on the difference between surf and skim.

Surf style boards are more traditionally shaped kinda like ocean boards. They usually offer 1-4 fin configuration and have larger fins. They are designed for slashing and cruising and often with speed in mind for off the lip airs. Skim style has 1-2 shallow fins, rides very loose, and shaped in a manner that can be ridden fairly easily backwards (after a 180). Skim boards usually require a wake with alot of push and they don't float as much as surf style

hyperlite swell 4 2'. Sweet board

While we are on the topic of 360s...what is the trick to getting back into or maybe I should say "staying" in the pocket while doing a 360? Myself and 2 others I ride with can get around on a 360 easy enough but can't seem to get back into the pocket afterward. Any words of advice?
    2007 Mobius LS