Hybrid View

Arrow Voltage Low - - HELP!

Ok I had posted a similar question to this in another thread but I believe it would be better served here with a better question...

I have a 97' Moomba Boomerang... the Voltage meter is reading very low right at 12 or below... so when I idle down it doesn't produce enough voltage and it dies... Medium to top end runs perfect.

I have put in a new coil... had the alternator checked... nothing at all wrong with the alternator, it's perfect...

I just had a new CD player installed and I was wondering if that could have anything to do with it?.... This never happened before the cd player was installed... or is there something else I need to be looking for?

PLEASE HELP!

it is clear that the alternator produce less than the system demand at idle so start disconecting things while looking at the voltmeter and you should be able to find the over consuming component.

start by disconecting the amp(s) form the battery pole...

Can you please be a little more elaborate? I am not sure what the amps are from the battery pole? I am very clueless at this sort of thing...

If you are referring to an audio amp for a sub... it doesn't have one.

amp = amplifier

Your sound system must be wired from the battery whit a big wire with a fuse on it. If you can find this wire, disconect it from the pole so it is offline...
    Run the boat and see if your alternator is now pulling enough power to maintain the ilde.