Default Warranty / Perfect Pass Problem

My PP keeps cutting off and rebooting in my 06 LSV. I reported it to my dealer while the boat was under warranty but the problem was never resolved and now my dealer is out of business. Before now I was able to unplug the unit and reconnect and it would work for several hours, but it stranded me on the water this weekend- just kept rebooting over and over for 30 min.

I am an electrical engineer by trade so I am sure I can fix the problem if I take the unit apart but this should be a warranty issue.

What should I do???

Contact Perfect Pass.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

did that they said for it to be warranty it would have to be through dealer

I had PP Stargazer problems and after calling them many times without resolve I ended up fixing it myself. My problem was not engaging above 34 mph. If you read closely in the instructions and maybe download any trouble shooting info. from the PP website you can usually pinpoint the problem yourself with a DVOM. Hook up the DVOM neg. to the battery neg. side and voltage drop test the grounds at the connector when it's acting up. It should read under 0.1 volt. Then check the other wires (12v. supply, request, stat, and can't think of the others). The instructions will tell you readings. Usually they want you to test the wires in rpm mode and be under the device setting area. It took me a couple of hours but I found my problem on the wire that was suppose to go from 10 volt to 0 volts when one of the buttons is pushed it instead went to 3.6 volts. I found a Moomba connector under the dash that was not clipped on one side all the way. Pushed it in and the voltage dropped to 0 as it should.
    Hope this helps.

Check to see the voltage it is getting. There is a menu that gives you this. If you dont have a manual for your PP then look at one online. The PP manual is a great tool to use to troubleshoot by. With your engine running you should have around the same voltage that your alternator is pushing. If not, could be a little resistance in the power wire.

Second suggestion is calling PP. They have always been more than helpful to me by helping me troubleshoot over the phone. There have been times when I would say "ok hold on Ill get under the dash and try that" and they would wait for me on the line to let them know if that work. If every manufacturer had customer service like that it would be amazing.

The last thing I would try is to make sure it is getting power and ground. Might would even run new temporary wiring for the power and ground just for diagnostic purposes anyway.