Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I know its the tower. Last year someone told me to slow down my outback direct dirve. That boat has the smallest wake on the lake at speed.

I think there is a jealousy thing - $$$$
    06 LSV
    2 - 750lb Fatsacks, Custom Sunbrella Cover and Bimini, Kenwood KMR440MU and Amp Bazooka Tower Speakers, Aerial Mirror, Stargazer, 4 Port Heater.

Toys - O'Brien Natural, CWB Pure, IS Yellow Loogie, CWB Ride, Hyperlite Voyageur for the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by brenpire View Post
    It's kind of like Sea-Doo's. Everyone hates them until they drive one.
    Nope. I still hate them.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brenpire View Post
    I swear it's the tower. Other boaters cruize past the dock in their bowriders just on or off plane creating HUGE waves. Everyone waves at them. I wakeboard in the middle of the lake and I get 1 finger waves.

My suggestion to to stop by your neighbours cottage and take them wakeboarding. skiing, air chairing, tubing whatever. Difficult for them to be mad after that.

It's kind of like Sea-Doo's. Everyone hates them until they drive one.

Hey Brenpire

Same boat - same hood. We're in Pickering but cottage near Irondale in Haliburton. Where do you ride? We could have a two boat 06 lsv jam and rock the lake?
    06 LSV
    2 - 750lb Fatsacks, Custom Sunbrella Cover and Bimini, Kenwood KMR440MU and Amp Bazooka Tower Speakers, Aerial Mirror, Stargazer, 4 Port Heater.

Toys - O'Brien Natural, CWB Pure, IS Yellow Loogie, CWB Ride, Hyperlite Voyageur for the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by wbarksda View Post
    I surf a lot but there is nothing that drives me crazier then a surfer or tuber up in a cove with nice water. What is the point? Let the sports that need the smooth water have it.
    We surf, we tube (yes I admit it!) but we don't do this near the slalom course. I can't tell you how many times we are in the course or about to go down the course and someone well pull a tube through it! A couple of weeks ago I slowly pulled up to one of these boats and asked them nicely if they could move to another side of the lake so we could ski down the course. Amazingly they were nice and said sure! I think for the most part people pulling wakeboards or other skiers have some understanding of the slalom course. Unfortunately tubers I believe don't even think or understand what is going on with a slalom course!
    OK bass boats, if they are in the course and it is a Saturday or Sunday then we don't ski first, we fill the ballast and surf close to them. Usually within a few minutes we can use the course!

I was yelled at this weekend for the first time..... neibour keeps a float plane on the water tied to his dock, I guess it takes a beating......

My boat is not nearly as bad a s most of them out there..... I have a DD!!
    2007 Outback DD

I have this same issue. I was just cruising in towards the dam looking for smooth water and a couple of guys in a bass boat just flipped me off. I was 200 yards from them when they did this and making the turn to run down to the other end since there was no one there. I promptly shut down, filled all ballast, asked the ten people in the boat to go to the back and made a tidal wave. They actually had to lay down in the boat to keep from getting tossed.

Most don't realize that the faster you go, the smaller the wake and the faster it dissipates. These guys got a nice suprise and I just waved at them and carried on.

I did have an event on Lake Ouachita in skiers cove one weekend. I was pulling my son, who was 11 at the time on his kneeboard. Most people were doing the counter clockwise rotation out of the cove. I had a woman in a pontoon boat start towards me, a bass boat coming in at a right angle to my path, and a gnat following my son. I shut down, pulled my son in and called my brother on the radio, who was tied up at the end of the cove with a couple of other boats and told him to hang on, I was bringing the tidal wave with me.

Again, filled all ballast, made all people get in the back and started at the front of the cove at 9 mph zigzagging all the way down. My brother said all he could see was the hull of my boat and all idiocy came to a halt till the waves got through rebounding off the shoreline. We were done after that, waited till monday to get the cove back to ourselves.

I wish there was a mandatory class everyone had to take before getting on a lake.
    Medic151
    06 Mobius XLV

Quote Originally Posted by Klipper View Post
    My boat is not nearly as bad as most of them out there..... I have a DD!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MEDIC151 View Post
    Most don't realize that the faster you go, the smaller the wake and the faster it dissipates.
    It's pretty amazing at how many people out on the water have no clue! They see a tower on a boat and automatically get pissed and think the waves are HUGE and get mad. Most pontoons have bigger wakes than my boat and nobody seems to get mad at them. I think I'd make a smaller wake in a "no wake zone" going 40mph than idling along

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet