Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anyone get blasted for their wake size?

After a fall this weekend, my nieghbour and novice driver rocked out a power turn in the narrows. He's got his i/o and I thought he knew the protocol. He does now. Can you say freak out from shore? The gathering at the nearest cottage all came to their beach and gave us a piece of their mind. (I'm making friends as always).

I think we're only going to surf circles in the big bay. Any thoughts?

PS that was with no ballast - wait til this weekend!
    06 LSV
    2 - 750lb Fatsacks, Custom Sunbrella Cover and Bimini, Kenwood KMR440MU and Amp Bazooka Tower Speakers, Aerial Mirror, Stargazer, 4 Port Heater.

Toys - O'Brien Natural, CWB Pure, IS Yellow Loogie, CWB Ride, Hyperlite Voyageur for the kids.

i have the same problem people don`t like the size of my wake even if a stern drive has a bigger wake then i do they pick in me because i`m the only boat with a wake board tower i save my surfing for sunday evening when must people are gone home.
    2012 Mobius LSV
    05 Outback LS SOLD

I had an Outback before this and I would get the slow down sign - slow down? that boat had no wake the faster I went
    06 LSV
    2 - 750lb Fatsacks, Custom Sunbrella Cover and Bimini, Kenwood KMR440MU and Amp Bazooka Tower Speakers, Aerial Mirror, Stargazer, 4 Port Heater.

Toys - O'Brien Natural, CWB Pure, IS Yellow Loogie, CWB Ride, Hyperlite Voyageur for the kids.

The lakes in my area are Corp of Engineer lakes which there cannot be private docks/slips and no one can own the property down to the water line. With that said, the shoreline is mainly exposed rock or limestone so erosion is not an issue or no one to complain about it since you can't own it. The only people I'm upsetting is probably the fisherman beating the banks for bass. My one wake with a couple small rollers along with it is nothing compared to the idiots doing figure 8's pulling tubes or doing power turns picking their riders.

Strange how they think faster means bigger wake... And how loud we are - but hink nothing of a 250 HP bassboat that has to go wide open to every spot at 5:30 in the morning...
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

I surf a lot but there is nothing that drives me crazier then a surfer or tuber up in a cove with nice water. What is the point? Let the sports that need the smooth water have it.

Quote Originally Posted by wbarksda View Post
    I surf a lot but there is nothing that drives me crazier then a surfer or tuber up in a cove with nice water. What is the point? Let the sports that need the smooth water have it.
    ----Agreed

We try to stay away from fishermen and docks, but sometimes it gets narrow. If I see it'll be unsafe for someone else we'll just stop and let them pass. If you don't know how to take the rollers in your same size or bigger boat then you'll learn. I don't get mad when my driver takes a wave over the bow. They learn real fast to pop up the front for a second or 2.

We have a great lake a few hours from us called Lake Billy Chinook. The lake is created by a dam that lets 3 rivers converge in deep canyons. One of the arms - the Deschutes - there is a bridge that indicates the end of the "no wake" zone. One day, I was sitting in the shadow of the bridge and I noticed that the giant "no wake" warnings were actually "slow zone - 10mph" and the water was perfect up there. The arm is deep enough and wide enough to run for at least a mile, maybe a mile and a half.... We decided that since we surf at about 9 mph, we should give it a try.... I was laying a monster wake - over hip high.... and it was PERFECT. then we passed the first boat. It was a bass boat with an old man sitting in the bow seat. I am still a little amazed he didn't go in the drink after the rocking he took. needless to say, I was looking away every time made a pass. at one point, the rider fell somewhat close to his boat and so I had to stop. He stood up and yelled "That's wild!" I apologized for making waves and he replied something to the effect of "no worries - keep having fun!" If you live anywhere in the area - its worth the trip!

we are at a lake that has 25 ski/wakeboard boats with a water ski jump slalom course, slider, kicker and well you get the point. There is tons of people that fish but the water sports club at one time was the largest in Canada so......the water sports people have the right of way. I have never been yelled at for making huge surf wave, wakeboarding or skiing.
    I am sure there are people of fisherman who don't like us but it has always been this way at our lake. Good for us I guess

I swear it's the tower. Other boaters cruize past the dock in their bowriders just on or off plane creating HUGE waves. Everyone waves at them. I wakeboard in the middle of the lake and I get 1 finger waves.

My suggestion to to stop by your neighbours cottage and take them wakeboarding. skiing, air chairing, tubing whatever. Difficult for them to be mad after that.

It's kind of like Sea-Doo's. Everyone hates them until they drive one.
    2006 LSV