Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

the rear bar was the origonal plan but once on the boat it was just obvious im SO glad we moved it to the front.
    #1 for strength, going down the road the front is what catches in the wind and would get bend up. the rear just follows like a streamer on a kite so to speak. not much chance of bending the rear from wind forces on the rear while driving.
    #2 looks, the rear bar would have been 4'+ long, and right in the way of getting boards, talking to riders in the water, and in plain view of all the passengers. also the length wouldnt have been as strong, lots of side to side flex too. the front supports are only like 14"-18" long. the rear bar was my plan/idea all along. but after we did some thinking after it was in place with the center bolts it just made more sense once we could see it all to switch to front supports. im SO glad we made that change.
    Last edited by STANG KILLA SS; 07-07-2010 at 08:53 AM.

Payson , Arizona/Arvada , Colorado/Montana

Looks good so far, is it covered yet? Pics?
    Jim.
    05 Mobius lsv , ballast system , stereo, etc..

its painted now, but the sunbrella fabric hasnt come in. no worries ill post pics as soon as its done

well material came in and sewing as begun! we got about a 1/4 of it done tonight.

awsum diy, cant wait to see the final pictures
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

frame is mounted! for some reason the pics make it look small. but its nearly twice the size of stock and even bigger than the Z5 shade. its 5' x 5' and seems huge in the boat. getting its first test run to the lake tommorrow.

and after our 3rd straight night of sewing the fabric is nearly done. all we lack now is the corners. need to be pied, hem'ed and velcro'ed.

Nah. Looks awesome to me. Nice work. Keep the pics coming!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Payson , Arizona/Arvada , Colorado/Montana

Looks professional to me, you can be proud of it. It is amazing on how long it takes to do those projects . I have made my own bow , cockpit covers for the last 2 boats now but haven't made one for the moomba yet. Maybe this winter .. too busy with lake time now.
    Jim.
    05 Mobius lsv , ballast system , stereo, etc..

Looks great! I would like to place an order Ha!