Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I have boat envy--Bad

I rode behind my buddies 2007 MC x15 this weekend, we surfed and wakeboarded. Wow the wake behind his boat is.....unreal awsome! I feel pulled in two different directions, one I love my boats functionallity and size, plus my stereo is one of the best systems on my lake but I struggle with my wakes fragile state.

I have tried just about everything to make the wake consistant. It's like the Moomba was bulit around the boat and the wake was a bonus,the MC was built around the wake and the boat to match.

To offer my opinion of the MC, my XLV drives and handles better, even my MC buddy agree's.

I like my dash over the MC.

I thought the MC shifting was clunky and not smooth.

The MC's wake is just better than my wake for boarding and surfing and I hate that!!! I ride behind my boat more than I ride in it....its why I bought the boat. What I didnt do was my homework on riding behind it and knowing the pros and cons of the thing I've grow to want the most...The Wake.

Someone talk me off the edge!!!!

Is the Moomba LSV's wake better than the XLV?

sorry for the rant....its been building since Friday.

A frustrated Aqua.
    Last edited by Aquaholic; 07-05-2010 at 06:29 PM.
    2005 Moomba 23 XLV
    340 HP, Clarion 5 HU, 2 Clarion wired digital remotes, 2 Wetsounds 485's, 6 Wetsounds XS 650's, 1 JL 12w6 Sub, 1 Wetsound WS420, 2 JL 300/2amps, 1 Wetsounds Sync 4 amp, 1 JL 500/1 amp. Teak swim platform, Perfect pass. Flip up Bow Light, Chrome tower Nav Light, Chrome thru hulls, Black Bimini, 2 750 Flyhigh bags, 1100 center Flyhigh bag, Acme 1235 14.25 x 14.5 prop, Dual battery system. Evolution Cover. Chrome Blower Vent Covers.

The XLV wake is good but at a faster boarding speed than most of us care for. You got to keep in mind, our XLV's are a deeper, bigger boat that is hard to keep a prestine wake below 22mph for boarding. As for surfing, I only envy the Centurion Avalanche and Centurion Enzo 230/240

MC's wakes are superior to anything Moomba has out there. I love our Moomba but when I ride it's usually behind a X10 or X30. We did a ballast upgrade in a 06 LSV this winter and it still doesn't compare.

I have no issues with the LSV wake at all, very clean and solid. It shoulnd't matter anyways, you can learn to wakeboard better off of a smaller wake as your technique is improved, I think sometimes we get lazy and want that huge pop instead of working for it. Heck if Nick can do a 720 off a seadoo wake....

I saw a video for setting up a surf wake a few days ago and it suggested to start by putting a 750 lb bag in the rear locker and work the weight forward till you got the right size wake. I have in the past fill the rear 750 and front 1100 lbs bags full and the wake was ridable, but the pocket is small.

Thanks for the replys guys!
    2005 Moomba 23 XLV
    340 HP, Clarion 5 HU, 2 Clarion wired digital remotes, 2 Wetsounds 485's, 6 Wetsounds XS 650's, 1 JL 12w6 Sub, 1 Wetsound WS420, 2 JL 300/2amps, 1 Wetsounds Sync 4 amp, 1 JL 500/1 amp. Teak swim platform, Perfect pass. Flip up Bow Light, Chrome tower Nav Light, Chrome thru hulls, Black Bimini, 2 750 Flyhigh bags, 1100 center Flyhigh bag, Acme 1235 14.25 x 14.5 prop, Dual battery system. Evolution Cover. Chrome Blower Vent Covers.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic View Post
    I saw a video for setting up a surf wake a few days ago and it suggested to start by putting a 750 lb bag in the rear locker and work the weight forward till you got the right size wake. I have in the past fill the rear 750 and front 1100 lbs bags full and the wake was ridable, but the pocket is small.

Thanks for the replys guys!
    I hear ya and I'm still experimenting with my XLV. I have 1100 rear sacs, 1180 center, two extra 400 sacs to place here and there.

My buddies 2010 mc x45 has a killer wake without the ballasts. but i am still trying to perfect w2w stuff.... we surfed it as well , but did not get it quite dialed in with the surf tabs and extra ballast.

I still love my moomba, but MC makes one hell of a boat
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by flatH20 View Post
    you guys haven't touched the price issue - MC makes a "good" boat but they also demand a hefty price - they're heavier - that means more to tow and more to operate- we've checked out the X star at this winter's boat show(s) - IMHO- the malibu was more affordably priced. Moomba was the best value in the line-up.

we've ridden behind most of all of them - it's strictly a price point thing- if you've got 107K laying around extra - get the MC. unless your game is pro-level you don't need it. if it is - then you should get one...

that tower cam feature is pretty cool and so is that neat anchor system and flip up seat...
    I agree, I don't think anyone in here "needs" any of the X-Series wake for boarding...especially when I'm seeing guys doing backrolls and tantrums behind 18-20 foot Searays.

Quote Originally Posted by you da man View Post
    I agree, I don't think anyone in here "needs" any of the X-Series wake for boarding...especially when I'm seeing guys doing backrolls and tantrums behind 18-20 foot Searays.
    yeah because we are "old and stuffy"

sometimes its all about the niceties.....as well
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

For me, its not about the wake, its about the amenities... I mean you can literaly shit and wash your hands on a X-80, now your talking...