i unhooked our 0'8 lsv from the bouy as i usually do and warmed it up to get it ready , i ran it for about 8 min yesterday cruising at about 25mph when i noticed a kind of burning smell.. thinking of overheating i looked at the gauges everything seemed fine running at 160degrees as usual so i kept going and all of a sudden the boat noticibly lost power and slowed, at about this time i thought that was very weird because i didnt hit the throtal, or i was not turning or hitting any waves, , right after that the burning smell intensafied to the point where i opened the engine compartment and to my suprise i get blasted in the face with a cloud of billowing white smoke/steam. once that cleared i could see that oil was splatterd all over the engine compartment, soaked it from front to back, the alternater is flooded , oil was puddeld all over the rear lockers,it soaked our cover and lifejackets and got over our new 750lb sac! we managed to get it back to the dock where we surveyed the damage, thats when we saw that the bilge was 1/2 filled with oil, we checked the dip stick it was completly dry and the valve cover check location looked like it never had oil in it it was so dry, at least the engine did not seize! but what a way to start a 4th of july!:/

any moterheads know what might have happend?