Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by OBV6 View Post
    NAPA part # 3299, it is a little shorter that the CarQuest filter that SC puts on. Replaced mine last week for the same reasons, also put in StarBrite-StarTron fuel treatment. Ran the fan when boarding/tubing/surfing didn't have any issues with vapor lock like I had previously.
    Quote Originally Posted by romoboco View Post
    Al, part is NAPA Gold 3299. See Ya, Bill
    Thanks guys!

Bill, good to know you still read the forum!
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I was poking around my engine compartment today (didn't take off the dividers) to locate my fuel filter (found it ), but I'm wondering if my boat has a fuel/water separator. Do the Moomba's come with them, or this an option and/or aftermarket add?

Also, what issues can arise if the gas fill cap gets water on it? As long as the fill cap rubber is seal, is everything ok? I don't understand how the vent works.
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

Was looking for a fuel/water seperator on mine when I replaced the fuel filter. I also called my dealer to verify that there was not some sort of stealth seperator that I wasn't seeing. The service dept said that my 06 OBV only came with the inline filter. An after market fuel/water sep would be an easy one to install either down or upstream of the inline filter. Just attach the seperator inline where ever you had room, although I would put mine ahead of the inline as a bulk filter and use the inline as insurance. Both filter down to 10 microns I beleive. You would have to get a seperator, 2 hose clamps and 2 brass barbed hose ends for the seperator, but not much else. The OBVs' are a little more cramped than the LSV/XLVs but even in mine there is room. The seperators can be gotten from about anywhere, a lot of guys here use skidim and overtons has them also.
    2006 Moomba OBV-"If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you".

Quote Originally Posted by brenpire View Post
    Ian, last year my boat would cut out/hesitate at anything above 3000rpm. changing ther fuel filter fixed the problem. I did not have any issues with pressure when i took the old out. Took less than 5 min to do.

The filter is available at any autoparts store. I picked one up at NAPA/UAP for around $20.

I can get the part number if you need it. let me know.
    Thanks for the feedback, everyone. Last Sunday, I had trouble getting to 4000 RPM at the end of the day again. The weather wasn't as hot as previous times and I tried used Sta-bil Marine. So, it looks like vapour-lock is unlikely to be the issue. If I can get to the lake this weekend, I'll try changing the filter.
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini

NAPA 3299 is an in-line filter. Isn't the one that I want something that fits into an oil-filter-like assembly?
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini

Replacement is complete. Yes, it's an inline filter on the 2005 XLV with 340 MPI. Today's boating only involved about an hour of engine operation in modest heat, but running at 5000 RPM was no problem on the way back to the marina. Thanks again for the responses.

Of the two NAPA outlets here in Ottawa, only one carries this filter, and they only keep one in stock at a time. I got there 5 minutes before they closed. Whew! $17.

glad to hear it worked out.
    2006 LSV

For future reference of anyone else who is doing this for the first time: I found the filter mounted in the transmission compartment, with ring clamps screwed to the starboard side of the compartment. There was no pressure in the line so there was minimal drippage from them... but the filter itself holds about an ounce or so of fuel. Being inline, it's open at both ends, so a big rag was required to contain that for a few seconds while I got the filter out of the boat.

Yes, the filter was badly clogged. I am surprised that it could operate at all. Unlike the last time it had to be replaced, there was no dirt in the line to point to any recent "bad gas" culprit.

Default Fuel Filter Replacement 2005 Outback EFI

Can someone confirm that the replacement filter for the Outback is the same NAPA 3299 for the 2005 Outback EFI? Also if I have to go down this road, does anyone have the fuel pump replacement number also?

Evan

I haven't looked too deep into it yet, but would this be the same filter? I was looking at picking up some things from skidim, and using the discount codes is always nice. Figured if this was the right one, I'd snag a few...

http://skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=3299

It says on the description 2002 and up moomba's... so maybe?
    2015 Supra SC400
    08 LSV - Sold
    Go big, or go home.