Thread: Teaching Booms

Lightbulb Teaching Booms

OK, I looking for any and all feedback concerning using a Boom and a V-Drive. I'm a part of a show club and teach a lot of people, adults and kids. I've always had direct drives in the past and have used the Boom to teach. What is everyones experience with V-Drive Booms? I have a 2008 XLV Gravity Games that I'm going to be using now and a BI Quad contour Boom with the adjustable clamp. Any thoughts?
    2011 LSV
    Loaded, 340 HP

i jsut got mine this week gonna put it on and try it with some youngsters then i'll let ya know
    08 lsv all red- dual battery system, kicker 700.5 and 450.2 amp, 10" kicker sub, wetsounds eq, polk db651 cabin speakers, exile xm7 tower speakers, ss thru hull fittings, seadek pad, evolutions cover

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10664

I have a tower boom on my Vdrive.......had a dd with a boom before.....................there is def more chine spray with a vdrive so the more forward your boom can be the better. the tower boom keeps all the room in the boat still but its a little hard to hop out and back in and barefoot at 40 as i used to do with my dd. I bought the tower boom as i felt the quad v would not get it a forward on the boat....curently mine is on the rear support leg and pointed slightly forward
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Thanks for the reply. Any issues with the tower boom? Did you add the boom extensions?
    2011 LSV
    Loaded, 340 HP