Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Doing absolutely nothing on the water. Too many idiots for me. Will go watch fireworks with the kiddies on Sun. Taking next week off for a nice lakeweek after all the crazies are in hospitals or jail.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Every year I take the boat to Grand Bend Canada for a week of fun. leaving tomorrow at 9am, I can't wait!

Its a great time, all of my aunts, uncles, cousins, and Grandma come up, we have 3 cottages, and have a great time - I'd say its the 1 week every year that I always look forward to!

On a side note, today at work suuuuucks, last day before vaca, I can't concentrate!
    2013 Outback V

I feel your pain ian. I'm out of here today at 3 and to the lake by 6 and work is killin me. fortunately my boss is out at noon and his boss has a 12:30 tee time so gone at 11. thinking I might get to leave a little early
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Taking the family 4-wheeling in the truck on Sat. or Sunday, no plans the other day. No real fireworks planned either...yet anyways...

Taking the boat to lake Keowee with family & friends on monday, ALL day. Hopefully it won't be too busy, since i know a LOT of people have to work on Monday...

I was planning on taking the boat over to the river house for a 4-day weekend, but the boat is not cooperating at the moment.

Sounds like I am the only one that has NO CLUE as to what I am doing this weekend.

I figure I will be out on the water. It guess it depends on who ends up coming with us.

Please pray that I am not forced out to "Cocktail Cove" with my wife's friend and her new boyfriend.

Would like to camp, but it is simply too hot to even think about it.

A big thank you to our military, and all of their sacrifices.

Wish all of you a safe weekend!
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by you da man View Post
    You HAVE to go to the Hula Hut on Lake Austin. It's on Lake Austin Blvd. Great drinks (I recommend the Hu La La), great chips/salsa, large menu, huge portions, and the best fried ice cream ever. Best of all, a great dock that will hold about 18-20 wakeboats. The wakeboat seen on the Austin lakes is crazy. Easily 4 out of 5 boats is a wakeboat.

Hula Hut has a great location, good drinks, and ok food. Good luck if you go there, you're looking at a 1 hour + wait on the weekends if it's sunny out. We typically go to Ski Shores.
    If you are out on Travis, go to Carlos N Charlies or Johnny Fins.
    The wakeboat scene is huge here, you see them all over the place. Heck, just in my little neighborhood there's my Moomba, a Malibu 3 houses down, and a Supra on the next street.

My plans for the weekend were derailed. I blew out my knee last weekend. I'm still waiting on the MRI results but the Dr. said they suspect a torn ACL at minimum. Won't know for sure until they review the MRI though. So I'm stuck at home nursing a bum leg.

Ahhh. Sorry to hear about the knee. Hope it's just a strain and some ice and rest + ibuprofen will have you back in a couple weeks.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by you da man View Post
    You HAVE to go to the Hula Hut on Lake Austin. It's on Lake Austin Blvd. Great drinks (I recommend the Hu La La), great chips/salsa, large menu, huge portions, and the best fried ice cream ever. Best of all, a great dock that will hold about 18-20 wakeboats. The wakeboat seen on the Austin lakes is crazy. Easily 4 out of 5 boats is a wakeboat.
    Thanks for the tip. Sorry if i did not make myself clear, we are flying and not taking the boat. If time permits, I'll check it out. Any restaurant in Austin that you recommend?
    Last edited by newyear14; 07-02-2010 at 12:21 AM.
    _________
    09 OB V

I get to the lake during the week so much, and the lake is SO EMPTY that I am ruined. I HATE going on holidays. The Weekend-Wally's drive me nuts. No boating for me this holiday. Cook-out at a friend's house on Saturday night with fireworks, and then Fireworks on Sunday night as well. Monday is a work holiday for me, but it will be spent low-key at home with the kids.

Back to the lake next Wednesday though
    Best Regards,

Jason

2007 Moomba Mobius LSV Sandrock/Black
    EXILE Equipment
    4-XM-7 Tower Speakers
    6-XT-65 Cabin Speakers
    1-Big12 Subwoofer
    Amps--Xi 1500.1, Xi 800.4 and 2--S400.4