Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I am very satisfied with my 2010 Outback. I looked at a slightly used Malibu that was near the price of a brand spanking new Outback, but a plastic clip on the bimini busted while taking the Malibu on a test ride. Having a reliable boat - one you can count on when taking friends out for a day of water fun - is near the top of priorities for boating with me, and you just can't get that with a boat more than 3 or 4 years old. I have no regrets with the 2010 Moomba purchase. Although my main comparison is to the I/O I owned before, I love the Outback DD wake for slalom and barefooting.
    2010 Outback

Quote Originally Posted by lxirod View Post
    ....yet as i am still considering the CC200, but its a hard one to justify now. its about 18K more and i dont get a tower, bimini, wakeplate & stereo.

$18K difference???????? Where can you get a CC 200 for $50K?

I have an 08 with the same colors and options that you drove, but I have a galvanized trailer. I'm glad that you liked the wake. If you research, you will find the the suppliers to Moomba also supply the same stuff to MC, Bu , and CC. There are only a few ways to make boats, so in the end, the boats are very similar in quality. Given the extra wideth and length of the Moomba, it is an easy boat to like.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

where can i get an outback for $32?? id be paying a bit more!! it does have the assualt 340 CAT engine and zero off

I've had my moomba for a year now and it's been nothing but good to me. I also looked at an entry level mastercraft X-1 with no stereo, no wakeplate for 15K more than my OBV. When I looked at the finish the dash had the same gages and the finish appeared similar. Then the MC rep spent 20 minutes describing shoebox construction and how it's better than what moomba does (Skiers Choice also uses shoebox construction). All the other boats I considered (Tige, nautique) were just too far out of my price range. Maybe I'm just not a discriminating enough boater to find the 15 k fit and finish difference between my boat and the X-1. Ahh... but in the end Mastercraft may have it's day with me as with the 15K I saved I'm considering buying an old used prostar 190 to use on the course... no wait I'll probably keep it in the family and look at a boomerang or supra comp
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

Sled491 Guest

Glad you liked the boat. Funny you didn't find a bump at 22 as we skip that length and go straight to 28 just to avoid it. At 36 the wake is just spectacular. I hope you get into the boat. Mid season I'd try to deal a little.

We drive the course with mine all the time and it tracks just as good if not better than the others out there. Also as far as noise goes, I've had MC guys come up to me on the lake and tell me how nice they find the noise level of my Outback.

Quote Originally Posted by lxirod View Post
    overall i really like this boat. i found it to be much more versatille than the the top 3 slalom tugs. the wake plate is a nice touch that really makes it a decent wakeboard wake. the boat is very roomy, and i feel that i could really enjoy this boat on many more levels than just a slalom tug.
    lxlrod - Options on my '07 Outback, listed in descending order of use:

bimini top
    sound system
    ballast
    heater

Heater is last, but only because it's at start and end of season. But goes to the top of the list when needed. Great feature.

My three boys and their friends pretty much wakeboard. They get their fill behind our Outback with factory ballast and tower. Recent purchase is a barefoot boom.

I ski, and that's it. Prior boat was a closed bow Nautique vintage late 70s that I bought used on a trip to Florida in 1982.

Have 170 hours on our Outback. Starts first time every time. Tower mirror broke in year two and was replaced under warranty. Blew cooling hose in year three. It, too, was replaced under warranty. Velcro strap on bimini zipper cover tore in year three. I had to pay for the replacement.

No one has ever been dissapointed in or behind our Outback, including me.

Sure would like to see you land a good deal on that nice 2010 Ouitback. - Deerfield
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by deerfield; 07-08-2010 at 11:31 PM.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles