Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Sled491 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lxirod View Post
    PCM still produces non CAT motors and most if not all CC200 ordered outside of CA were ordered that way to save money.
    that's funny, ordering a 60K ski boat and trying to save money. Didn't think those two went together

I will be demoing the 2010 Outback today. I will post pics and full review. I will hopefully be putting it thru its paces including driving and skiing the slalom course.

Sled491 Guest

I will be curious to see what you thought. I was skiing the other day and looking at the wake from a skiers eye view. Man it doesn't get much flatter than that. 34mph at the time.

I love skiing behind my boat. I'm reminded how good our boat wakes are when I ride behind an I/O or V-drive boat. Some are good but still not a DD wake

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Sled491 Guest

true dat!

Back to the slalom course ski wakes, I currently own a '07 and '08 Outbacks with PP Stargazers and do the course and barefoot. My last boat was a 05' Malibu Sportster LX and I course ski behind friends MCs 190s, 195, 197 and 205 and Sportstars. If you slalom course ski at 31 mph and above the 15' off wake is no different than the Malibu and the MC's. At 22' off there is a little harder bump than the Malibu but very durable. Depending on MC, the Outback wake is either just the same, better or little worse.
    Basically, unless you're a hard core competitive course skier, the Outback will do just fine. I used to be a hard core Malibu owner for 10 years until the last 2 boats. I switched to Moomba because they were $20,000 cheaper and did not think the wake was much difference to justify the extra money. Barefoot skiing, I think it has the same wake as the Malibu's.

okay, so had my chance to demo the 2010 Outback yesterday afternoon. first off i would like to give props to the dealer/owner who took the time to meet me out on the water and demo the boat for about 2 hours. unlike the MC dealer who didnt even let me turn the key at the dealership to check out the display, much less even bother to call me back to schedule a demo ride. but thats another story.

a little backround on me, i have owned many boats in the past including malibu rlxi, mastercraft ps197, nautique 196, but i have never really checked out a moomba. all i really heard about moomba's is that they are a entry level, budget friendly boat. well i will tell you i was very pleasantly suprised. after checking out the boat on the trailer, i didnt seem very budget to me. the fit and finish looked really good, just minus some " bling".

i backed the boat off the trailer and it handled really well in the marina. i expected alot of engine noise, figuring that there may not be motor box insulation or silent type mufflers. but that was not the case it was very quite.

we drove out of the marina and got the boat up to speed. lots of get up and go. not hurtin for power in any way. played around with the trim tab and it really changed the wake shape and size. it was a bit windy out and it seemed to handle it well.

found some nice water and decided to take a ski ride. opted to skip the slalom course as it was about a 20 minute boat ride and it was a bit windy. set the zero off at 34 and skied 15 and 22 off. I stopped there as I could tell that the wake would just get better and i only run into 32 off on a rare occasion. i found the wake to be great! i actualy think it is as good and maybe better than the others . i would say not as good as nautique, equal to MC and better that the malibu. i found no bump at 22 whats so ever.i really wish i could have tried out on a course or private lake, maybe next time.
    driving it seemed good as well. i think thios boat would track very well in the course. good visibility and the windshield did not block your side view to talk to your skier.

overall i really like this boat. i found it to be much more versatille than the the top 3 slalom tugs. the wake plate is a nice touch that really makes it a decent wakeboard wake. the boat is very roomy, and i feel that i could really enjoy this boat on many more levels than just a slalom tug.

i have not made up my mind yet as i am still considering the CC200, but its a hard one to justify now. its about 18K more and i dont get a tower, bimini, wakeplate & stereo. i am really leaning towards the outback, and i think my family and wallet would prefer it as well!!

overall i did not see this boat being a budget boat after all. i really enjoyed driving and skiing it. i just may be a moomba owner in the near future!

pics to follow

Attached Images Attached Images

I've got that same exact color/graphic scheme except mine is a 2008. It's a great 3 event boat, and with a little weight throws a nice wake for boarding too. Moomba is a great boat despite what some of the loyal Correct Craft, Malibu, and Mastercraft folk might tell you.
    08 Outback
    82 American Skier

Glad you enjoyed it - I alway enjoy driving and riding behind mine

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet