Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    you may be adding a new LSV to your list.

I'm just saying
    Bigger built in ice chest.
    Swivel captain's chair
    1 hot blonde with a big chest
    1 hot brunette with a big chest
    1 hot redhead with a big chest

Thanks Moomba.
    2009 Moomba Mobius XLV: 340hp, bimini top, Kenwood speaker system with sub.

you may be adding a new LSV to your list.

I'm just saying

Was this directed at me?
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

A better drain plug at the low point. I hate having water just sitting in the bottom of the boat for a week or more.

Also a better tower design. Would be nice to be able to drop the tower by myself without having to have two other people help me out.

snap out carpet or somthing that is easy on the feet but does not show dirt.

How about a keg holder or two? Have to keep the weight right.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    I'd like to point something out here, and note i'm not against upgrades or making things better. BUT .... the more SC does to add features like flip-up bow lights, snap out carpets and thicker vinyl drives the cost up. Remember that Moomba is all about the value and while stuff like snap out carpets seems trivial it's not as you'd need a finished floor to accomplish that which in turn drives up costs. I'm just saying
    although I agree with you razz, several of us on here own supras and they are not being marketed as a value point boat, hence some of the suggestions as I would hope skiers reads this forum as much as supra. some of the suggestions made really should be standard on the supras and show up on the options list or as a bling upgrade on the moombas imo.

part of being a company should be to understand your competition and listen to your core customers... if others can offer "extras" such as the bow light and carpet on a 75k boat as standard, why isn't skiers? I didn't see anything real obvious in the differences in that bu and 22ssv that would have the 22ssv saying I'm that much better(although i'd be taking the ssv home hands down )

you know tho that all the things we are talking about may end up being a reality at the dealers show I'd love to see skiers have some major announcements on changes or a new hull/boat design or some radical changes on pricing on upgrades...
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

"Was this directed at me?"

Noooooooo. Would I encourage you?
    I was eyeballing a 09-beautifull black and blue LSV the other day as I know someone looking for a used LSV, but the wife saw me and said NO, turned around and walked off before I could explain or anything.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Yep, she's a keeper

High jack over.

No pickle forks-there is only one out there that looks ok and some just look really nasty bad-they still remind me of the trihulls.
    Last edited by moombadaze; 06-30-2010 at 01:12 PM.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold

Absolutely REAL snap-out carpet, with a finished fiberglass floor underneath. Hell, I'd be happy with no carpet and finished floors. If SC adds this to a touranment ski boat, you have my word I will be ordering a new boat.

Closed bow ski boat option (I know, I'm the only person in the world who would want this!) Again, this and snap-out carpets, and I'm game!

Solid color Outback hulls/deck (aside from white/gray/beige) - At least on the DD - I begged for this when I ordered my boat and I couldn't get it, and I really wish they would have let me get it as an option - solid blue would be so nice.

SeaDek standard or as an option
    2013 Outback V

I could go back and forth on this all day, but for me, I feel that many of the available options are unnecessary. Due to the nature of the beast if they are available I am going to get them. I could have lived without a lot of options on my boat, but I still like knowing that I have them even if I don’t use them. The reason I bought a Moomba is because I know I am getting a great value, even with spending extra on options. I do feel that some features on the boat could be improved to give a more luxurious feeling, but then you are losing that valve.

Being in manufacturing, I'd say limit your options to those that buyers really want to cut on inventory cost and increase flexibility for the production line with less design change over. On the marketing side, provide more options, "if you offer it, they will buy it".

I would however, pay for a newly designed hull that sits higher in the nose. I feel with one or two people in the bow it is very easy to bring water over the top. Even a few profile changes could help displace water better for some of those bigger waves.
    "The Boomba" '12 Mojo 345HP

Tow Rig: '08 Duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    I'd like to point something out here, and note i'm not against upgrades or making things better. BUT .... the more SC does to add features like flip-up bow lights, snap out carpets and thicker vinyl drives the cost up. Remember that Moomba is all about the value and while stuff like snap out carpets seems trivial it's not as you'd need a finished floor to accomplish that which in turn drives up costs. I'm just saying
    Bingo. Agree. A few things can be improved but most of this stuff is just going to raise the price and most of us don't want that.
    08 Outback
    82 American Skier

It's been said but Seadek as standard and a tower design that makes it easy for 1 person to raise/lower by themselves.

Add those and I'm a happy Moomba customer (not that I'm not already

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet