Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BWeber View Post
    I would however, pay for a newly designed hull that sits higher in the nose. I feel with one or two people in the bow it is very easy to bring water over the top. Even a few profile changes could help displace water better for some of those bigger waves.
    I think thats just a charecteristic of inboards...
    2013 Outback V

Ditto on the correction of water retention. There should be a way to pump out water that collects in the middle of the hull with the boat level.

The low-pitch "wakeboard" prop should be the default prop with any boat that comes with a ballast system.

The stadium seating could be redesigned. The set-up on the XLV is okay, wherein part of the bench seating becomes the rear-facing seatback and leaves a big spot for the optional cooler. However, you still have to stow this big seatback when using the rear bench as a conventional forward-facing seat. Instead, the seatback should detach from the firewall and be turned around to form the seatback. The side bench spot for the cooler can be left at home if the cooler is in use. Those metal bars that attach the seatback to the stadium bench should retract into the seatback, rather than being left loose.

More cleats should be available as options. I was willing to buy more of the retractable ones, but my dealer was not confident in knowing where they'd be safe (i.e. strong location on the hull) to install. At least some guidance from the factory would help here.

I agree on keeping the Moomba line as a "value" label. I enjoy watching owners do their own upgrades such as flip-up lights, but I cannot see how SC would offer these without applying some of the design costs to all of us. It is more important that Moomba boats be easily compatible with off-the-shelf upgrades, as I have done with ballast, racks and bimini. Leave the novelties to the hobbiests.

The mirror: I am not sure about the modern hardware, but the optional tower-mounted mirror on my 2005 XLV shakes too much. Simply touching its support arm stops the shaking. A second arm to the tower would make it much more stable.

I commend SC on their upgrade of the 2006 LSV hull to a deeper design. The low seating and freeboard were a big motivator for me to look elsewhere after my test drive of the 2005 model. Fortunately for Moomba, they also offered the XLV and there was no alternative "value" line such as Axis at the time. I am very happy with the XLV, but the deeper mid-sized LSV is probably the best fit for the largest portion of the market.
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini

Playpen seating in the LSV.
    www.louisianawakeboarding.com

2004 LSV
    Perfect Pass, Integrated ballast (front, rear, middle), Wake Plate, Tower mounted bimini, Swivel board racks, Surf board rack, Tower mounted mirror, Keel guard, 4 tower speakers, 12" sub, 2 amps, transom remote, Bow filler cushion, and the list continues to grow.

Snap out carpets would be my #1. However with the panels in the floor the way they are, it may be tough.

Hull drain

No carpet in the V-drive lockers. They are always holding water and tend to mold and stink quickly. Especially here in the NW.

Little heaver/thicker foam in the seat bases and the sun deck. I hate how cheap they feel.

Loose the floor hump under the drivers dash. (I think they did this with the LSV this year. Not sure about the others.)

These are a few of my favorite things...

PWI as usual...

First, redesign the Outback to a 20' or under size and improve the ski wake to rival or beat the competition. I don't really care for a closed bow boat. Concentrate on the ski wake, the cost of a new MC or CC is now over $50K. Certainly, Moomba can make an equal wake for $35K. People will buy it.

Next, introduce the Boomerang (name only) again as a Barefoot boat. There is a small market that has little competition. Hull design and HP being the 2 biggest factors.

Lastly, Design a 20-21' rear engined slalom/crossover boat (think MC214V) only slightly smaller in length and with deeper sidewalls.

The biggest thing, which they have done with the OutbackV, is have a couple of sub-20' boats for lake restrictions.

Maybe option a third accent gel coat color and make PP or ZO standard!
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

I wonder if it would be possible for skiers to carpet the seat bases and assemble the hulls, then carpet under the seats and the floor separately. at least that way, the carpet in the main seating areas could be pulled up and replaced down the road easier..

on a side note: on what they should continue to do without changing a thing.. build a great product that provides years of family enjoyment and hosting a free website that allows all of us to suggest how to make their products better
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    although I agree with you razz, several of us on here own supras and they are not being marketed as a value point boat, hence some of the suggestions as I would hope skiers reads this forum as much as supra. some of the suggestions made really should be standard on the supras and show up on the options list or as a bling upgrade on the moombas imo.

part of being a company should be to understand your competition and listen to your core customers... if others can offer "extras" such as the bow light and carpet on a 75k boat as standard, why isn't skiers? I didn't see anything real obvious in the differences in that bu and 22ssv that would have the 22ssv saying I'm that much better(although i'd be taking the ssv home hands down )

you know tho that all the things we are talking about may end up being a reality at the dealers show I'd love to see skiers have some major announcements on changes or a new hull/boat design or some radical changes on pricing on upgrades...
    sandm i'm referring to Moombas only in that statement and although i do realize we have a "blended" group here all the statements i make are Moomba specific. Now if i owned a Supra i might have a different attitude about the subject but as it's the Moomba forum i never think in terms of SC brands, just what what i have.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Amen to your rant Mike. If it weren't for Moomba, I wouldn't be able to afford a boat like this. Are there lots of things I would like to change about it? Of course, but then I wouldn't be able to own one. I really appreciate my boat and enjoy every minute of being on it.

With that said, my head still turns every time I see one of those $80k wakeboats that have all the bells and whistles drives by.
    2007 Mobius LS

My water temp is on the main screen when the PP is off.

PWI as usual...

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    It's been said but Seadek as standard and a tower design that makes it easy for 1 person to raise/lower by themselves.

Add those and I'm a happy Moomba customer (not that I'm not already
    Yea I hat my outback tower. How do you go about lowering it?