Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post
    A lot of people have said that, and I must admit I don't undertand. Are we talking Outback or Mobious tower? My Outback tower is really easy to fold down - just undo the knobie things, and walk it forward. Am I missing something?
    In short Yes. In long my issues with the tower are if you have one person unscrewing the knobs then the second side gets jammed and you have to push up on the tower and unscrew it at the same time. The same goes for putting up the tower. The second is if you drop the tower with the cover most of the way on. For me to get the cover on the boat after the tower is dropped is more of a issue then getting two friends to help.

My fix was to get a storage place that I did not have to drop the tower. I have not had to drop it in a few years now. The carpet and drain are my big two but i am still very happy with the design.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    I must be missing this ... didn't know it was on my perfect pass. I guess its burried in the menu somewhere?
    WTF? water temp is on perfect pass. Damn those user manuals. Don't make me read it.
    2009 Moomba Mobius XLV: 340hp, bimini top, Kenwood speaker system with sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Brantford View Post
    Nets in the rear storage, keeping gear on top of the ballast bags as they fill. This would cost about $5 for some nylon webbing.

Now that is a great fricken idea. There should be nylon webbing mounted to the walls in all storage compartments
    2009 Moomba Mobius XLV: 340hp, bimini top, Kenwood speaker system with sub.

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post
    A lot of people have said that, and I must admit I don't undertand. Are we talking Outback or Mobious tower? My Outback tower is really easy to fold down - just undo the knobie things, and walk it forward. Am I missing something?
    On the Outback tower, when folded forward (however hard you think it is) it sticks out in front of the boat. This makes it impossible to store in my garage unless I take the tower off. Really poor design. A tower that folds rearward and within the confines of the boat makes a lot more sense for ease of operation and storage.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Really, I am simply going to echo what others have mentioned. Which hopefully is telling SC something.

First let me say, I love my LSV. Plain and simple. It has been a fantastic first boat.

The only things I would like to see as additions are:

1. Stainless bling option for the Moomba line up. Cupholders, thru-hull fittings, etc etc.
    2. A tad thicker foam in seats. (May be difficult to stay within cost restraints)
    3. I would like slight modifications to storage. Specifically, small nets on the back of the V-Drive lockers doors.
    4. Have SeaDek as a standard or at least an option.

Finally if not too much trouble....

1. I liked the idea of the bow mounted harpoon gun.
    2. Slide out water and food bowls for my boxer. Otherwise he will keep eating my sandwiches!
    3. A real live maid who I can tow in a small inflatable or strap on to the tower to help clean my 16 month old's messes.
    4. A black and red "University of Georgia" package on the new XLV!!

Thank you, that is all...

But seriously, SC makes a FANTASTIC product and I think we can all be confident this is not going to change. I cannot wait until the stars align for my XLV upgrade!

Last edited by WaterBullDawg1980; 07-01-2010 at 07:43 PM.
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

Wow. To make a long thread even longer... it sound like several of you guys are either being too picky or whiney and not reading your owners manuals. I love my 2001 Outback, but there are some things about it that furstrate me. The gas tank is too small, the tower is shaky and ugly, the ballast system isn't adequate, and the freeboard is to low. However, this is not the boats fault, it is my fault. I am the one trying to make a wakeboard boat out of a ski boat. If I was to upgrade to an LSV, all my problems would be solved, except my girlfriend would leave me because she loves to slalom.

It is also interesting to read comments about how people want things that, if you look at the older boats, they used to be that way. I do have a center drain plug. My stereo is at the helm, my ballast switches are in the dash.

I have been going to boat shows for years looking at inboard boats. I also (like many of you) have many friends with inboards and I have been on many different boats. So here is what I might like to see regarding boats (in no particular order).

1. Place for built in trash can. I know Nautique has it in some boats, but not sure about others. Very convenient.
    2. As far as the stereo, that is tricky. For normal folks, the normal setup is fine. If you are one of the high dollar stereo freaks, just order the boat with no stereo equipment at all. SC cannot satisfy the audiophiles, so it is not worth it to even try.
    3. The cooler. I think the best setup is an area designed to accept a standard igloo cooler that can be taken in and out of the boat. This makes cleaning and packing easier.
    4. I started to say just get rid of the Moomba Cruise altogether, and just offer Zero Off or PP, but I guess that some folks don't need this? Although it seems like a lot of people have removed the MC to install the PP?
    5. Tower light built into towpoint. It is the highest point, the light should be there.
    6. Underfloor ballast would be nice, but I doubt that will ever fly, so if you want it, just buy an MB or a Calabria.
    7. Surf tabs could be an option. I have surfed behind an X2 with them and they work great.
    8. Ventilation for the storage lockers to help dry up interiors? (I can do this myself I guess)

So pretty much, I like them just like they are.

Rick, you may already have, but if you set up any focus groups, I would love to participate. I don't live too far away. Thanks for making a great, affordable, boat.

Brian

rick stated that he was going to pass this on to the powers that be..

what would make this a standout thread would be to see one of them take 20 or 30 minutes and address some of the recurrent themes throughout this that are NOT issues with hull designs. would be nice to know that they are at least being thought of. I would bet that the cats at skiers are a VERY smart bunch of peeps and most of the issues in this thread have probably been talked about at some point. would be nice to know the reasons why they didn't fly or if new, either can't do because... or will look into..

I think most of the stuff mentioned in here would help skiers improve their product line, whether it be in the moomba or supra boats...
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by NCSUmoomba View Post
    Place for built in trash can. I know Nautique has it in some boats, but not sure about others. Very convenient.

3. The cooler. I think the best setup is an area designed to accept a standard igloo cooler that can be taken in and out of the boat. This makes cleaning and packing easier.

So pretty much, I like them just like they are.
    I gotta agree with these and also say - I love my boat. But I'm always fighting a trash bag and the slick setup on the MC's with the igloo cooler that you can take out and put in is the cat's meow!!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet