Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Upgrades/Changes You'd Like to See

The dealer meeting thread got me thinking. How about a chance to post the ideas you guys have for what ought to be included or at least available on a new Moomba? Also feel free to name any features or options available now that you wouldn't care to lose or just don't use or value. In other words, how can they make them better for your needs? This is the time of year when everybody is listening so please make yourselves heard.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I have a few...

-deeper seat area to add the enzo bag for surfing. sure would be nice to have a 1500lb bag all stuffed out of the way. or possibly under-floor ballast like mb so you can add an additional sac in the rear locker.

-make the flip-up bow light standard. it's not that much more money at dealer cost and doesn't take that much extra time. nice touch.

-change the mounting system on the platform. it's slop when compared to bu's and mc's. especially on an 80,000 supra 24ssv.

-use different exhaust flappers. mc, centurion and mb use much nicer ones that don't have the cheap hoseclamp system, not to mention they aren't even using a standard size of flapper. you have to cut down a 4" to fit.

-I know it's another big one, but some type of removable carpet, or the main cabin carpet separate from the rest of it would be nice. re-carpeting these looks to be a chore and it's going to need done every so often.

overall, I am very satisfied with my supra and looking at other boats, I think they build a great product. the stuff listed above are the annoyances that I have with mine and if changed, would make mine a perfect boat
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Snap out carpet, stereo headunit by the driver, ballast switches on dash, thicker vinyl, more cabin lighting, swivel drivers seat, a more solid/thicker platform.

Thumbs down ski locker...

Do some better drain system in the locker. Always full of water and smells bad.

• Massively deeper seat area
    • Surf Tabs
    • Table mount
    • 12v automatic battery selector
    • Lake water temp gauge
    • Pickle fork
    • Massiv 12v beer cooler
    • Bow mounted harpoon gun (JetSki Repellent)

would be nice if skiers would respond to some of this, and I know they are busy, but nice to know that they are at least listening to those of us that use their products every day....

I went to the dealer the other day. they have a supra launch 22ssv fully loaded and a malibu vlx with many options. prices are close enough for those shopping 70k+ boats. I look at some of the added things on the bu and wonder as a salesman how you downplay them for someone comparing both boats?
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I'd like to point something out here, and note i'm not against upgrades or making things better. BUT .... the more SC does to add features like flip-up bow lights, snap out carpets and thicker vinyl drives the cost up. Remember that Moomba is all about the value and while stuff like snap out carpets seems trivial it's not as you'd need a finished floor to accomplish that which in turn drives up costs. I'm just saying
    2007 Mobius LSV

What about a single engine / dual counter rotating prop & rudder

Overall with my 08 LSV Im very satisfied and really not sure that as far as standard features go I would want much if any changed. This is a "value" boat that exceeds as it is.

Now, as far as options

Snap out/removable carpet would be high on my list-all my fishing boats had no carpet and I found that was nice. My carpet is getting matted at this point

Surf tabs, wish someone has/had tried them with results if there worth it, as that is something I would be willing to get.

As I think of things I will add to my list...
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

My '05 LSV has snapout carpet. Was this standard back then, or did the previous owner upgrade this? I assumed it was standard.
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold