Default Voltage regulator

Anyone know on a the 2008 Indmar Assualt(325) in a 08 LSV if the voltage regulator senses on the large starter and ground wires or if it senses off a smaller wire from the wiring harness?

My starting battery is up over 16 volts now and my Blue Sea ACR is now not combingin due to over volt. I have all wiring (stereo, main acc buss, etc) hooked to the second battery except for the large starter red and ground black.

Blue sea thinks the voltage regulater may be sensing over the house acc wiring hence frying my starter battery. This makes sense(ha ha) if the sense comes from the house or acc wiring but I seem to remember on my older moomba LSV that the voltage regulator sensed over the larger wiring so am perplexed.

Pretty sure it reads off the one of the two wires that share a plug into the alternator. pull it out and there is a stamp in the casing on the alt. One shows "F" for field and the other is "S" for sensing. The S is the one I'm pretty sure senses voltage.

Is the 8ga acc wire that runs over to your dash hooked up to your stereo battery?
    It should be hooked up to the boat battery. That may be your problem.

PWI as usual...

The wiring diagram and Skier's choice say that shouldn't be required for the alternator to work properly. The Sense comes off the alternator but should eventually be hooked to the positive of the starter which then goes to the battery thru the large cables. So I am confused. I have to take some more readings in the boat with the alternator in. I took it out to have it tested and it tested okay. Now it looks like what I am looking for may be a wiring problem in the harness.

Switch that acc wire back to your starting battery and see if that makes a difference.

PWI as usual...

Well my problem seamed to be a bad voltmeter.

But I did find that the sense of the voltage happens via the wiring harness and the wiring harness is tied into the large battery cables via a circuit breaker.