• shoes are ok

12 12.37%
  • feet are not allowed to touch the carpet at any point

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: shoes poll

Default shoes poll

Ok, been a while since we've had a poll going, so lets find out for ed's sake what the consensus is on footwear on a boat

I'll start with barefeet only. no shoes allowed..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Ditto here too. And yeah that gray carpet gets hot when it's over 100 but tuff doo-doo.
    2007 Mobius LSV

ed-probably do know the total outcome, but I'm interested to see how many allow them as you do. I have friends that do, so it might be surprising.

kills time when you can't be on the lake as well

What no hunting boots? Go for a hunt at 4 am get on the boat around 6:30 AM and just keep the boots on.

I think you need to add one that says feet only but after they have been washed.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Actually, you should make everyone wear socks. The oils in your feet can be worse for the carpet than the dirt that might come off your shoes. I don't have "stinky feet" but I have a couple of family members who do. But, all of us have oil in our skin, even in our feet.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Actually, you should make everyone wear socks. The oils in your feet can be worse for the carpet than the dirt that might come off your shoes. I don't have "stinky feet" but I have a couple of family members who do. But, all of us have oil in our skin, even in our feet.
    that's true- but they should not be cotton socks. the detergents in the cotton can change the pH of the carpet fibers and result in premature carpet failure
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

Clean shoes are ok, boats are meant to get used. and if we go out to dinner, lunch or for drinks at a restaurant or bar then" not shirt, no shoes, no service"

They usually get stowed pretty quickly though.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

not to stereotype, BUT I see a lot of calf-high sock/sandal and calf-high sock/shoe combos at the lake on a saturday. most of them are guys with absolutely no tans getting into those low-slung all-engine boats, they go burn 15 gallons of gas in 20-30 minutes and then leave

the best time is watching some of them load their boats back onto trailers and try to do so not getting any part of their bodies wet

I vote flip flops or slides only. Primarily because shoes are a pain in the ass. They come off immediately and then I need to find a place for them and they untimately get wet. My older OB doesn't have much in the way of storage space that isn't already crammed with the necessities. If we're just taking the boat down to the restuarant and everybody keeps them on their feet, I could care less. It is impossible to keep the inside of my boat dry when towing so I insist on easy off, waterproof, easily stashable flip flops. Unwaxed of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    socks.

Now c'mon, I'll wear my black socks (that cover my calf muscles) with my sandles when I'm struttin' around walmart looking for babes,

not that is funny. Also socks are great for early riding when air plus water is still be low 90.

I forgot about the oil's on people's feet. I might have to have everyone put baggies on thier feet now.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill