15 15.46%
  • shoes are ok

12 12.37%
  • feet are not allowed to touch the carpet at any point

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: shoes poll

The deal with shoes is not so much the carpet as the other surfaces. Granted bare feet can bring in as much sand as shoes. My concern is when they step on the gel coat as they get in and grind the sand into the top side of the boat. I am not a big fan of waxing and polishing.
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

I'm okay with someone wearing shoes as long as they aren't muddy. I clean the boat after each use anyway, so a little dirt isn't too bad.

I wear flip flops in the boat, as do most people, but they come off quick.

Now crocs... that's a different story. Pretty sure crocs have never been on my boat, and if they were, they would most likely "accidentally" get dropped overboard at some point.
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by csm View Post
    I'm okay with someone wearing shoes as long as they aren't muddy. I clean the boat after each use anyway, so a little dirt isn't too bad.

I wear flip flops in the boat, as do most people, but they come off quick.

Now crocs... that's a different story. Pretty sure crocs have never been on my boat, and if they were, they would most likely "accidentally" get dropped overboard at some point.
    Now don't talk bad about the Crocs. They are great boat shoes, can get wet, can get on & off real quick their just so darn functional. Now I wouldn't wear them out to dinner, that's just a whole different deal.
    07 Mobius LS--Razorback Red

Quote Originally Posted by csm View Post
    No Crocs in my boat either! We've had a running debate over these "shoes" for the past couple summers at our lake and one of the crew bought a pair that are now the gag gift to pass around. If you are under age 7, I'll let them in, otherwise they accidentally float away.

Ed - Do you wear the black socks with the Crocs too? Need pictures...

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    Now who the heck wear socks when they go boating?

Who has socks anywhere near a boat?
    Hahaha! I have worn socks on my boat! I have a couple of pairs of neoprene socks onboard all the time. They were originally bought to space out the wakeboard bindings that I have for guests. They never got used for that, but they instead turned out to be great for avoiding chafing from the foot straps on the hydrofoil.

We also get some deerflies coming out from shore to bother us. They are quite aggressive and seem to prefer biting the tops of feet and ankles. They leave big painful welts. A couple of times (typically the 2nd day of boating on a weekend), I have worn those thick black socks all day, because they are deerfly-proof! These socks are fashionable and functional.
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini

BARE FEET ONLY!!

For those of you who allow people to wear their flippy floppies, keep in mind that Reef makes those with bottle openers in the sole (Fannings). Just looking at mine makes me think that they could do some serious damage to some vinyl if someone stepped onto a seat just right.
    www.louisianawakeboarding.com

2004 LSV
    Perfect Pass, Integrated ballast (front, rear, middle), Wake Plate, Tower mounted bimini, Swivel board racks, Surf board rack, Tower mounted mirror, Keel guard, 4 tower speakers, 12" sub, 2 amps, transom remote, Bow filler cushion, and the list continues to grow.

Shoes are required exiting the boat but anything goes inside the boat. When someone steps on something in the water and cuts their foot it ends the day's fun. I've been there, standing waist deep to take my sandals off and get my ski on only to find out about the broken glass below me.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Well, as you guys know we live in a shoe. We stop at the ramp and the kids climb out through the tailgate of the Suburban and into the bow. They leave shoes in the truck. If we beach they are only allowed back in the boat via the platform-- to get the sand off. When we pull out they go back through the bow into the truck and get their shoes back. So far so good. When we get home they clean/vacuum the carpet so they are pretty good about enforcing cleanliness but still having fun. No Cheetos on the boat but healthy snacks that don't mess. This LSV has to last me about 15 years.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    Plus the wife is always reminding me, the closer to shore, the closer she is to getting bit by snake.
    hahaha - glad I'm not the only one with this somewhat irrational fear... the only time I'm okay with my driver doing a power turn is if I'm boarding and fall a little too close to a shore where there are a lot of tree roots... get me outta there.
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold