Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still Skiing

Default Still Skiing

Well, even though we are now lugging around all the surf stuff, we still manage to get some morning ski runs in. Still nothing quite like tearing up glass when the only others out are like-minded. A shot of my daughter on Saturday morning.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Had a late afternoon thunderstorm today and when it finished the lake was awesome! Smooth, fog rising up, perfect temps, I skied my a$$ off! Best run of the year for me. So exhilarating. Bring it on!!!
    2001 Moomba Outback, Indmar Assault 325 + 4BBL Holley

Our best days last year were after rainstorms. We had a lot of them. It was awesome. Had to convince my wife it was safe and we wouldn't get wet everytime. No wife along, no second driver.

After a rain is the best time to be out! The water is smooth as glass and everyone else has gone for cover.

Supposed to be a wet week around here. I hope it's clear for Sunday and Monday.
    -ryan
    '10 Wakesetter LSV

For us - the weekend of the 4th is pretty much a throwaway when it comes to skiing. Seems like everyone is on the water. If we go, we try to get out before 10AM when everyone is stil recovering from the night before. But the week after is often pretty good, which is when I take one of my vacation weeks..
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

Quote Originally Posted by BensonWdby View Post
    But the week after is often pretty good, which is when I take one of my vacation weeks..
    Every year! Can't beat it. I like to say that by July 5 all the idiots are in the hospital or in jail.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Sled491 Guest

I'm in Florida right now for my sone National TKD tournament, but my wife went out yesterday with the other 2 kids and her sister. Told me no one was out. I get home around lunch on sunday, hopefully I get a early morning ski in Monday. We usually go out around 6:30am to beat the day trippers and tubers.

There is a place to ski around every corner in Fla. Check yellow pages...
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

Sled491 Guest

I agree, just no time.

Sled491 Guest

I only know of the couple cable parks in the Orlando area. Never even thought to look around the Fort Lauderdale area, that would have been the answer.