Thread: Radar Boots?

Default Radar Boots?

Hey fellas I'm just about to pop for a Radar Senate- Jon at waterskis.com tells me they have a performance guarantee so if I try it and it's not for me I can trade it and I'm just out the shipping. My question is for you guys familiar with Radar bindings- should I go with the Prime boots or Vector? Anybody know whether there is much of a difference? Thanks!
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

I got the Vectors and they are excellent.
    2013 Outback V

Thanks Ian- I about have myself convinced if I'm paying that much for a ski I might as well upgrade from the prime to vector boots- probably put in my order in the next day or so
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!

I was thinking the same thing when I bought mine, but I didn't want closed toe for the back boot, as I'm not even used to riding a double boot ski, so I figured the open toe would be the best option. Plus I was able to negotiate a better price if I stuck with the 'stock' bindings.
    2013 Outback V

I've got the Connely Draft (front and rear) with hinge tech. I love how easy they are to get in and how binded I feel to the ski. But I'm looking for something a bit more comfortable and still feel bound to the ski. Was looking at Vectors, RS1s or another set of Connelys. Any experience with these from anyone?
    2001 Moomba Outback, Indmar Assault 325 + 4BBL Holley

I just put in my order for a Radar Senate with a set of Vector bindings- so I'll let you know when it comes in!
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!

Sled491 Guest

What no rail bindings? You can get them online for 300 a pair. I would also get the plate instead of mounting directly to the ski.

Quote Originally Posted by Sled491 View Post
    What no rail bindings? You can get them online for 300 a pair. I would also get the plate instead of mounting directly to the ski.
    oops too late- fedex man just dropped off my new stick! can't wait to give it a ride. let's see, after buying perfect pass, spare tire and bracket, a dry suit, evolution cover, surf board and rope, giant tube, and now a new ski I think I best be done with boat purchases this year!
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!

Sled491 Guest

Oh you can always find some spare change under the seats of the car or in the sofa

Don't start with me sled my wife said it would be ok if I wanted to get an old used slalom boat to use out at the club. Somehow I don't think I can find that kind of change under the couch.
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!