Default 16mph Wake Surfing @ 20'

Im sure some of you may have already experimented with this, but I thought I would give it a shot the other day. With all ballast filled, wakeplate up, cruise set to 16mph using a 5'-6" wake surf board and a 20ft rope, just ride the surfboard as if your wakeboarding - DO NOT PULL YOUR SELF CLOSER as you would surfing, just hold onto the end of the rope. I could not beleive how much more enjoyable it was. The wake popped out with a huge long ramp resembling a half pike and the extra speed really made the board more responsive. It was alot of fun
    2009 Moomba Mobius LSV Liquid Force. Indmar 340HP CAT

It's not really surfing with the rope. There are some guys in the Austin, TX area that are loaded down with around 4k in ballast and surf around 14mph. They have a very long pocket to catch airs on.

Quote Originally Posted by bjames View Post
    Im sure some of you may have already experimented with this, but I thought I would give it a shot the other day. With all ballast filled, wakeplate up, cruise set to 16mph using a 5'-6" wake surf board and a 20ft rope, just ride the surfboard as if your wakeboarding - DO NOT PULL YOUR SELF CLOSER as you would surfing, just hold onto the end of the rope. I could not beleive how much more enjoyable it was. The wake popped out with a huge long ramp resembling a half pike and the extra speed really made the board more responsive. It was alot of fun
    Yes, it's called wakeskating.
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V

Definatly a hybrid between the two.. wake skating at a slow speed and shorter rope. I see your point, unless I let go of the rope, its not really surfing
    2009 Moomba Mobius LSV Liquid Force. Indmar 340HP CAT

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckle Head View Post
    Yes, it's called wakeskating.
    *gigglesnort*

Freeriding is the best. Can't imagine why you wouldn't want to be on slack most of the time.
    -ryan
    '10 Wakesetter LSV

Sled491 Guest

If you check out older videos of wakesurfing you will see almost exactly what you just described!