Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Default 2nd Annual Sinclair Mini-Jam - July 10th

We're getting close to the big weekend, so I wanted to post up a reminder that on Saturday, July 10th we will have the 2nd Annual Sinclair Mini-Jam on beautiful Lake Sinclair in Milledgeville, GA.

This is a non-SC sponsored event, but we will have all the things needed to have a great time: a great lake, lots of bugers & dogs, cold beer and plenty of Moomba boats.

Following are a few details about Lake Sinclair for anyone that wants to join us:

located in Milledgeville, GA - 15,000+ acres of water and 417 miles of shoreline. often cited as "the cleanest lake in GA"

http://www.georgiapower.com/lakes/Sinclair.asp

Hotels are located on the West side of the lake close to GA Power public boat ramps which require a nominal daily fee. There are some rental homes available also. Check out vrbo.com.

There are a few islands on the lake that people do primitive camping on. These islands offer some great spots to hang out and enjoy the lake. They are located close to the Sinclair Dam & Baldwin County Airport (for those looking on a map)

If you're out looking for us, we live in the Island Creek area of Lake Sinclair. We'll plan to be down by the Sinclair Dam around 10:00 am and go from there. Around 2:00 pm, I'll get my grill fired up and we can get together for some fun & fellowship.

Check out some of the comments and pics from last year's event. https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=8294

Feel free to send me a PM with any questions.
    Last edited by wolfeman131; 06-28-2010 at 05:21 PM. Reason: added date to title

Sled491 Guest

Dude, your killing me

We fly out Wed, man I wish we could have stuck to our original plans!!

Sled491 Guest

Thanks Daze, and man if it kills me were coming next year!!!

Please tell him to break a leg (or someone else's) from us.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Sled491 Guest

He laughed and said no probs, just to get our families credibility back.

Sled491 Guest

Well way to go Z. And I was just thinking the other day you have been way too quiet again. Hope your back for a bit again

It's funny only rec or non skiers think the wake behind a VD is ok to ski with. True story about 4 wks ago on a saturday morning one of the guys I ski with bought a MC Powerstar to replace his MC BF200. The one guy threw the rope after the first pass and demanded that we take him back to get his boat and said he wouldn't ski with this guy who owned the Powerstar again until he got rid of that boat. Now the Powerstar is an older MC but was still designed as a ski boat and yet none of us could stand skiing behind it. Just imagine what this group would do behind a V!

Glad to hear you got a chance to ski. Looking forward to seeing the crew at Sinclair. I haven't skied since Sept. Might bring a knee brace and give it a go.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Shoot with the new prop you might not need that knee brace. No more going airborne when crossing the wake now!
    I just hope I can find ethanol free fuel on the way up. I can get it near the house now but gas is so much cheaper in Georgia and I won't have to tow an additional 200lbs. There are about 3 gas stations that I know of in Panama City that have Huge Banners proclaiming "Ethanol Free Gas!". You almost always have to wait in line and there are always boats in that line.
    I almost hate to say this but have yet to have a vapor lock issue in the LS.

Ugggghhhh! Don't say it!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zegm View Post
    Shoot with the new prop you might not need that knee brace. No more going airborne when crossing the wake now!
    I just hope I can find ethanol free fuel on the way up. I can get it near the house now but gas is so much cheaper in Georgia and I won't have to tow an additional 200lbs. There are about 3 gas stations that I know of in Panama City that have Huge Banners proclaiming "Ethanol Free Gas!". You almost always have to wait in line and there are always boats in that line.
    I almost hate to say this but have yet to have a vapor lock issue in the LS.
    I notice it when starting a L- turn the most- crossing the wake is pretty bad too, but when the R knee has twisting stress is the worst.

According to pure-gas.org:

Milledgeville Chevron 87 89 93 Golden Pantry 204 East Hancock Street N33.08236 W83.22204 map details

Also check out (it's right on the way before you reach Macon):

Byron unbranded 87 89 93 Bobby's Food Mart 4003 Us Highway 41 N32.66833 W83.70595

Here's the site:

http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=GA
    Last edited by kaneboats; 07-01-2010 at 03:25 PM.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!