Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Pat,

I don't know if I would do the camping at Wingates. It is nice place but you would have to travel a good ways back North to do any watersports. There isn't much traffic down there and you are much more likely to encounter the big green lizards.

Monty
    2001 Outback LS

" Son, I'm Captain Jack Sparrow "

It looks like I have that weekend off.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by Sled491 View Post
    How far from Milwaukee?
    Don't even start talking again. You have "0" credibility now.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MOOMBA_97 View Post
    Pat,

I don't know if I would do the camping at Wingates. It is nice place but you would have to travel a good ways back North to do any watersports. There isn't much traffic down there and you are much more likely to encounter the big green lizards.

Monty
    I wouldn't get in the water down there. It is a long ways. Maybe we should just stay where we are and run down there for lunch one day. It's a neat place.

Monty, have you been to Blackshear at Labor Day time of year? Are the gnats a problem further north like they can be down by Bainbridge?
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I have not been on Blackshear that time of the year but I'm sure its a zoo like most places. As far as the gnats go, I would bet the're about the same. The Bullfrog sunscreen with insect repellant seems to work well.
    2001 Outback LS

" Son, I'm Captain Jack Sparrow "

I'm inclined to leave it up to Daze and Maxpower who have to travel the furthest and have attended in the past. I will do whatever works for them because I'm flexible. Any input guys?
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Looks Nice! And as long as there is a Hotel nearby with nice beds and lots of hot water for showers we are in! Just have to find a place to park the boat overnight.

I love the outdoors. We rode mountain bikes in an old abandoned mine in Ill. last week, so cool. We often kayak down spooky dark creeks to look for alligators. In the winter I am in waders in my canal cleaning out weeds and shoveling silt into cart to put in the holes in the grass.
    BUT! At the end of the day I want to be clean, fed, and NOT lying on the ground. Nope a nice Hotel Bed in Front of a TV is the only way Mrs.Z and I will travel lately.

Ok 5 Star???? Courtyard by Mariot is probably not quite a 5 star!
    We really liked the Condo in Milledgeville as it was huge and had 2 seperate bedrooms. You know kids in one and parents in the other! But the most amazing thing about that condo was the water pressure in the showers!!! I even found the small restrictor the owner took out under the sink from the shower head.

You know I don't really see the star ratings, I hate to say it but if the price is a little too much lower than 100 dollars a night you really are taking a chance!
    MrsZ and I once had to leave a Hotel in Anniston AL one night shortly after checking in! Now I was pretty sure that girl in the hall was a Hooker but I was really sure when I saw the condition of our rooms. I think we had to sleep in our truck that night.