Default 2001 mobius engine making noise

I have a 2001 mobius and the engine is making a ticking noise when the boat is trying to get on plane when it is set all the way back. It does not make the noise when i am idling around or when i rev the boat up in neutral. I checked the oil and it was right at the bottom of safe and the transmission fluid was at the bottom of safe as well. It is almost like it could be low on oil and when the boat leans back all the oil goes to the back and then the ticking starts. This problem just started after about 5 hours out on the lake....... Any suggestions

Thanks
    2001 moomba mobius, V-Drive, Indmar 5.7, perfect pass, ballast tanks

Is it like a mechanical-valve lifter like ticking? Sometimes the best ways to find these little noises is with the hood off or up.

yes it sounds like a lifter. I ran the engine with the hood up and it kinda sounds like it is coming from the rear of the engine.

Does anybody have any similar problems or could give me an idea what the problem could be?

Thanks

I had a similair problem with my malibu, turns out the previous owner was running 30 weight oil in it. I switched to 40 weight and all my issues went away.

It ended up being a bad valve

thanks for the update aggie
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug