Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Toy

Default New Toy

Well since my son loves to ride on the fourwheeler I figured a jet ski would be kind of like that on the water. I know alot of you hate them and trust me I have had my share of run ins with them too. I picked this up last week for a good price and this was our first trip with it. Hey, at least it matches the Moomba.

2001 Outback LS

" Son, I'm Captain Jack Sparrow "

Quote Originally Posted by MOOMBA_97 View Post
    I know alot of you hate them and trust me I have had my share of run ins with them too. I picked this up last week for a good price and this was our first trip with it.
    Moomba 97 - If it fit into our budget, I would buy a waverunner in a heartbeat. I envy your son. Nice toy! - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Payson , Arizona/Arvada , Colorado/Montana

Waveruners are a nice compliment to boating. I have had 2 of them and trailered them behind my boat to various places in the west. Trips to Powell , around Colorado, Wyoming and Montana. We had a great time with them on the lake , the boys would ride behind us while we boated around on the big lakes we would go to . I finally sold our last one mainly because it didn't get used and I was tired of moving it around the yard, maintaining it , insuring it. Oh well.
    Jim.
    05 Mobius lsv , ballast system , stereo, etc..

If the person riding it is courteous, I don't have a problem with them. Our issue is that the lake I go to rents them and there are a bunch of idiots that get on them. We were anchored up the other day with a bunch of other boats in a cove and these TOOLS kept coming in and weaving in and out of the boats at high speed. Myself and another boater let them know they could beat feet and tear up water somewhere else. We had given them 2 or 3 chances to quit before letting them know. I personally like riding them for about 10 minutes and then I have done everything there is to do on it.
    Medic151
    06 Mobius XLV

Nice toy!

We have a Honda F12X turbo that we use at our cottage for fun and to tow the tube over this:

I guess having a boat you understand what NOT to do. I spent about 1 1/2 days cleaning/polishing and had the seat recovered. The thing really looks good and ran like a sewing machine. I really wanted a Yamaha but this was a very good deal and I liked that it was yellow to match the boat. My wife tows this and I haul the Outback.

BTW: the ramp is insane, you have way more guts than me.

Monty
    Last edited by MOOMBA_97; 06-27-2010 at 07:42 PM.
    2001 Outback LS

" Son, I'm Captain Jack Sparrow "

Quote Originally Posted by loudsubz View Post
    Nice toy!

We have a Honda F12X turbo that we use at our cottage for fun and to tow the tube over this:

That's got trip to the hospital written all over it.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    That's got trip to the hospital written all over it.
    Its pretty safe

Its only about 5 feet high and 12 feet long. We go over nice and slow on the tube and the tube we use is very large so landings are soft.

Id say its no more dangerous than wakeboarding

i have the identical jet ski as that mine is a 96 bought it in 2001 and never put a dollar in it other then gas oil and spark plugs! a lot of fun times on it before the moomba now it only gets taken out a few times a year but still a blast. hope you have the luck with yours that i have
    08 lsv all red- dual battery system, kicker 700.5 and 450.2 amp, 10" kicker sub, wetsounds eq, polk db651 cabin speakers, exile xm7 tower speakers, ss thru hull fittings, seadek pad, evolutions cover

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10664

I added a new toy to the collection this weekend as well. This is our 3rd, we have a Sea-doo Wake and a Yamaha FX. We bought the wake last year to pull the kids as we were undecided on the boat at the time. For those of you unfamiliar with the Sea-doo it has a ballast system and wake pole. However, the ballast is pretty much useless.

In any event, I'm pretty sore this morning. I forgot how much of a work-out stand-ups are.

IMG00099-20100626-1235.jpg
    Pain is weakness leaving the body!
    2009 Outback V