Default KDC-HD545 install

I finally upgraded the stereo head unit in the boat and went with the above. Took about 10 minutes to install and the only problem I had was I used the original wiring harness and the remote wire was a different color. Took me a little bit to figure is out since it was pink and brown as opposed to blue and yellow and tagged different.

Got it finished out on the water and now I just need to get a new antennae. The stock one won't hold the HD channels for very long so I think I will go with the short whip antenna. I don't like the fact of having to drill into the gel coat and if any of you have any advice that would be great.

The only issue now is overheating the amp. I made the mistake of bumping it with my hand the other day and dang was it hot. I think I will install a fan ran to my aux switch to move the air around. Really liking the MP3 ready part just can't control the mp3 with the remotes since it is a Zune and not an Ipod. No more skipping when bouncing in the rough water.
    Medic151
    06 Mobius XLV

We use an electonic (gain multipying) antenna that is concealed under the deck cap and really boosts your range. Its not something that is effective in an auto for city driving because of the increased multipath do to reflections off large structures. But in a rural environment or for boating this antenna can't be beat.

David
    Earmark Marine
    Lewisville/Dallas

I use a powered antenna from Dakota Digital and it works fine for me.
    2007 Mobius LSV

I looked at the powered antennaes, I just didn't know if they were any better than the whip. I guess I will check some out. Are they powered by one of the wires on the harness?
    Medic151
    06 Mobius XLV

Thanks, if I go with a powered amp I'll do that.
    Medic151
    06 Mobius XLV