Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My project boat

Default My project boat

Hi all ..just recieved my first wakeboarding boat. I found it in Las vegas and i live in Canada. It was a bank repo, and apperently when the boats are about to be repossed the owner rips off as much as he can, which in this case the prop/rudder/swim platform/engine/and tower.I've been searching the net for rudder specs/prop specs etc. not much out there on moomba. I was wondering if there exists a parts manual ( not owners manual) any help on these parts would be greatly appreciated. I will continue to post pics as the project progresses.
    Attached Images Attached Images

i would get a samson tower there super nice.

Did I read that right, no engine?

Document your progress with lots of pictures. You have a blank slate and can make exactly the boat that you want. Look into the most HP motor that you can get. I gave the guys at AWS in Oregon a call and they were pretty knowldgable, try them for a parts manual. Cross check sizes, you may find a MC or Bu rudder may work.

Good Luck.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

When it comes to people knowing their stuff is going to repossessed they figure they may as well make some money buy selling the equipment. It makes sense but it doesn't make sense to make a large purchase cutting it that close to your budget.

No Engine. Someone must hate the bank. This is a good time to do it right. Have you contacted SC to see if they will send you a parts list? I look forward to see how your progress comes along.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

no engine, did they take the tranny and vdrive as well?....I'm thinking you might find one for sale on ebay or craigs list that might just be perfect for your boat......otherwise new i bet your looking at 8-12k depending on hp.....good luck and keep us posted
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Sled491 Guest

I sure your local moomba dealer will help you with what ever question you have. As for the engine try going through Indmar direct, may be cheaper. I know one member was quoted 6k for a motor for a 2008 LS.

How did you find that boat, your a long ways from Vegas baby!

Hey gang !! I will absolutely document every step by pic, as for the samson tower i looked it up but not too crazy about the looks. Hey Brad you heard right LOL Yes the tranny is gone as well I will call aws first thing monday morning, especially for the parts manual. Hi Sled I googled xlv and found it by fluke, a car dealer there bought it at an auction. Thanks a million for all the replies.

Sled491 Guest

Sometimes a fluke is the only way. Good luck with your project.