Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My project boat

how much did you pay?

Thanks Mike...but that's my driveway in the pic (very exited) I met the transporter in New York.

Ok so the motor and tranny are on the way, i've attached some pics of the engine compartment and was wondering if anybody has any tips or things i should do or prepare before i drop the engine in. I'm sure there are alot of things that won't be easy to get to later.The rudder and lever are also on the way.
    Attached Images Attached Images

omg that is huge project... good luck

Wow, definetly no engine! lol

I can't offer much advice as I am new to the V-drives (but I have replaced an engine on a bowrider). Do you have the engine mounts and related hardware?

Clean and restore everything in that engine bay and study up on the alignment procedure. Have you gotten a repair manual? Or parts book?

Well, it looks like a fun project, I would love doing something like what your doing! I'll be looking forward to your progress.

wow, huge project.... can't wait to see the progress. finally got to see where the ballst drain pumps are mounted...

good luck,

i assume you are on the east coast since you took delivery in NY..
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

looks like ya need the muffler and a rudder as well but ya prob have that coming as well , i'd look at the g111 ballast upgrade projects on here .
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

I would suggest regluing your transducer. Most of us have --- on the depth gauge after a while. Once the the glue get air under it, it stops giving depth information.

Check the steering by turning the wheel to see if its steers free and easy. If its stiff in anyway water has rusted in the housing and will need replacing.

If it were me I'd think about upgrading the ballast system to one of tsumani project seen here on the forum.

greatlakeskipper.com has a lot of moomba and supra parts. You might check them out if you still need items. I know I saw a SC tower awhile back. Xtp in maryville can help with the tower I'd call them direct.

Aqua
    2005 Moomba 23 XLV
    340 HP, Clarion 5 HU, 2 Clarion wired digital remotes, 2 Wetsounds 485's, 6 Wetsounds XS 650's, 1 JL 12w6 Sub, 1 Wetsound WS420, 2 JL 300/2amps, 1 Wetsounds Sync 4 amp, 1 JL 500/1 amp. Teak swim platform, Perfect pass. Flip up Bow Light, Chrome tower Nav Light, Chrome thru hulls, Black Bimini, 2 750 Flyhigh bags, 1100 center Flyhigh bag, Acme 1235 14.25 x 14.5 prop, Dual battery system. Evolution Cover. Chrome Blower Vent Covers.

Hi Aqua thanks for the info, can you be a little more specific on the transducer and where to apply the glue exactly...Thanks

I tried to contact the people about this boat a while back but never got any response. Looks like a fun project. Good luck and I hope you keep us posted on any progress!