Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Sorry newt but I have another silly question.
    Why do you need a pump if it gets pumped from the motor.
    06 XLV

I think guys have tried it but I don't believe there is enough pressure to make the water spray properly through the shower head.

PWI as usual...

So, I said a while ago I was going to post photos of my shower install - it just took me almost a year...

I did it slightly different than Newty, and just to give you guys other ideas of mounting options.

I mounted the pump on the rear board that encloses the engine - sorry, not sure how to describe it. Anyway, the photo shows what I'm talking about. The pressure and suction lines come off of the pump, and are rounted behind the 4" vent tubes. This keeps a really clean install, and lets you secure the hoses.

I had a slightly different contol than Newty as well, so I mounted it in a different location. I used the same side "curtain" that he did, but you can see that all the hoses are still well hid.

This one was a fun install, and pretty straight forward.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2015 Supra SC400
    08 LSV - Sold
    Go big, or go home.

Thats the same mixing valve I have in my boat.
    Looks good man. Nice and clean.
    Hows that pump location going to be for your impeller change on the motor?

PWI as usual...

First time I tried to adjust the control knob for temperature I had all sorts of water coming out of it. Not sure what the heck that was about. I thik I might have had the knob WAY too open. It doesn't leak at all now. It's pretty solid. Interested to see how the new 750's work with it sticking out like that. The old sacks fit just fine, but these biggers ones, well, we'll see!

The pump location is no problem for impeller change, or really anything at all. It's high enough above everything to be totally out of the way. I'd say the hose connections are right about at the top of the muffler, or close to it, so it's pretty far from anything that might get in the way. At least, so far!
    2015 Supra SC400
    08 LSV - Sold
    Go big, or go home.

Thanks for the post, helped me to get my shower installed this past weekend. I was stressing a bit since the forum was down, but remembered the pics you posted and got all in and working. Took about 3 hours to do everything, but now that i have done it once, future installs will only take 90 mins max.
    Derek & Poppy
    2010 Mobius LSV Sandrock/Fossil
    Gravity III ballast, wake plate, Z5, LEDs from Oznium (cup holders, helm, transom)
    Exile SX65M Cabin Speakers w/ Exile XM 15.4
    Exile SXT9Q Tower Speakers w/ Exile XM 30.2
    Exile 12" sub w/ XM12.1
    Exile ZLD MKII

Glad it worked for you!

PWI as usual...

silly question, but how do you guys use the showers? Is it to warm up when you've been in cold lake/river water, is it to actually get clean? I think it's a neat addition, just not sure how/when I'd actually use it.
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

Newty I installed my shower the same way you did but was going to switch the hot water from the block to the pump as I don't have very much water pressure in my shower unit.
    The knobs are tricky and I am having trouble with the adjustments as it's either 185 degrees or lake temp.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    2014 Centurion Carbon Pro

2004 Ski Nautique 196 LE - SOLD
    2004 Outback DD - SOLD
    1995 Supra TSM6 Comp - SOLD

2017 - 67" Radar Lithium Vapor Pro Build w/ Radar Vapor Boa Bindings

Stay STACKED & Pull HARD!!!

The best use for the shower is on a cold day, especially if you've got a wetsuit on. Fill it with warm water before you hop in, and if you're quick enough, by the time you're up, the cold water hasn't leaked into it fully. Then, when you get out, you can warm yourself back up. It's amazing. Also works well to warm up cold or wet life jackets for that first band-aide tearing touch to dry skin...

But you can also use it as a real shower, like when camping or whatever. And the cold setting works well for hot days late in the season when the lake is fairly warm... using that cold water just hits the spot.

Not to mention the jet setting on the showerhead - good to shoot buddies with!
    2015 Supra SC400
    08 LSV - Sold
    Go big, or go home.