Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

But this is a shower thread....

PWI as usual...

Quote Originally Posted by 501 View Post
    Sea N' Things, I'm sorry, I totally forgot to call you. I will give you a shout Wednesday.

Tomorrow myself and a few friends have taken the day off and are headed to Alix lake for our first ride of the year. I will put some pictures up tomorrow. Phone will be off except for emergencies. I can't wait.

Thanks a lot.
    Heading out already - Fantastic.
    What's the lake ice situation down there?
    2006 Mobius LSV 325 hp MPI Indmar
    2005 6L Silverado 1500HD Quadrasteer
    MODS: Polk DB651's Cabin Speakers, 10" Polk MM1040 Sub in a custom sub box, Kicker ZXM700.5 5 channel Amp, EZ net cargo nets, ACME 1847 Prop, 4 outlet Heatercraft Heater

Alix was ice free and great. Sylvan has about 200 feet of open water along shore. I'd say another 10 days till we can ride here.
    Levi
    Former owner of a 08 Mobuis XLV, Cat340, 2650 Lbs.
    I miss that boat!

Quote Originally Posted by newty View Post
    Install the panel and make the connections. I have red and blue 3/8 air hose so keeping the hot and cold seperated was easy.
    I then fused the switch and got a 12v tie in at the alternator.
    If you guys decide to do one on your boat you'll love it. I'll never have a boat w/o one.
    Super easy install with the exception of finding all the parts. Took me about and hour and a half start to finish.
    Hey Newty!

I am just about to tackle my shower install and the only part I don't understand is how to fuse the switch and "tie in" at the alternator.

Could you explain that step in a little more detail?

Thanks!
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

Yea, you just need an inline fuse added to the switch power to protect it and the pump. As far as the tie in, if you look at the alternator there is a 8ga or so orange and and a 8ga black wire that come off the alternator. You just need to run the ground from the pump to the ground side or black post of the alternator (and the switch if its illumnated) and the power side of the switch to the positive of orange side of the alternator. If you are uncomfortable running the power to the alternator you can also run the ground to any bolt on the block for ground and run power to the main battery cable on the starter. The alternator is very close and convenient, and if follow the orange wire, it goes to the starter anyway to charge the batteries.
    If your really worrid about it landing the wires back there, you can always run a set up to the helm buss for ground and power.
    That answer your q's?
    Last edited by newty; 05-17-2011 at 11:58 AM.

PWI as usual...

Great. That info helps.

Heatercraft sent me the same faceplate you have but with the power switch on the left instead of the right. (not sure why)

There is nothing marked on the back of the power switch so does it matter where the positive/negative connection is?

Also why are there 3 terminals on the power switch. What is the 3rd one for?

2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

One is a ground because when the switch is on it illuminates.

Use an ohm meter to check which pins do what.

I believe the top offset pin is the ground, the bottom one is power supply and the middle is switched power. I'm not completely sure.

I ended up using an ohm meter to check but if you don't have one you can pop the back of the switch off and look at how it works. You will see how when the switch is down it is disconnects the bottom pin from the middle pin. When its switched on it connects the two pins and sends power to the light and the ground completes the circuit. Pull it apart and look if you're not positive how it works.

If you have the power in and out backwards then the light will stay on all the time but if you have the power and ground backwards you'll ruin the switch. Once you think you have it figured out bench test with a light fuse it to be sure.
    Last edited by newty; 05-17-2011 at 01:53 PM.

PWI as usual...

How exactly does this shower work, how long does it take to heat the water , how much hot water can one use at a time , how much pressure do you have and is it the lake water ?? Sounds like an interesting contraption .
    06 XLV

Davinci, You use lake water. The cold side is fed off the pressure side of your impeller and the hot side comes off the block drain. They are combined in the mixing valve and pulled through the pump and pressured through the shower head.
    As long as the boat is running and warm you will have hot water.
    In fact if you don't use a little cold water, you will burn yourself.
    I think its a must up here in the north.

PWI as usual...

Thanks newt..I'm ordering one tomorrow
    06 XLV