Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

As far as pressure, the pumps you get with the kits aren't going to be high gpm pumps. I used a 4 gpm rv pump. I think the standard is a 2.5. So from what I gather, you have cold water flow and hot water flow but no in between. I usually turn the pump on then the cold all the way and then slowly and incrementally turn the hot up untill you get the desired temp. The valves are tricky especially with a lower flow pump. It just takes longer for the temps to change and when they do you've likely gone passed the sweet spot.

Once you have the temp set, leave it alone and dont touch it except to make very minor adjustments, but only on the hot side... even when it's off. Just make sure the valve on the showerhead is off and the switch is off.

I installed one for a guy here about a month ago and the hot side wouldn't flow at all. turns out the bottom side of his block had sand in it and had plugged the mixing valve. That cost him an extra hour of labor! Be sure your hoses are all clear.

PWI as usual...

We used it this weekend mostly to warm up after being in the water. Also the second person in used it to warm up the used life jackets. The wife has been begging to go camping. I need my morning shower and my morning coffee. The plan is to camp by water and I now have a warm morning shower available.
    Derek & Poppy
    2010 Mobius LSV Sandrock/Fossil
    Gravity III ballast, wake plate, Z5, LEDs from Oznium (cup holders, helm, transom)
    Exile SX65M Cabin Speakers w/ Exile XM 15.4
    Exile SXT9Q Tower Speakers w/ Exile XM 30.2
    Exile 12" sub w/ XM12.1
    Exile ZLD MKII

Lots of request on this so back to the top. I reloaded all the photos that were missing.

PWI as usual...

I followed this install last fall. Worked great. We use it all the time for warming up wetsuits and cleaning off feet. Thanks for the write up!!
    2005 XLV, 325 hp assult, 1450 lbs ballast

Good to hear. Gald it helped!

PWI as usual...

Is there any kind of fuse or reset on the pump? I was out on Saturday in the crappy weather. Turned on the shower once and all worked perfectly. Tried to turn it on a bit later and use it, nothing. Light on the switch is coming on and power is working, just seems like the pump died.

It has been in the boat less than a year and only used a dozen times or so. Thought I would check here first for any possible troubleshooting.

Thanks!
    Derek & Poppy
    Gravity III ballast, wake plate, Z5, LEDs from Oznium (cup holders, helm, transom)
    Exile 12" sub w/ XM12.1
    Exile ZLD MKII

I don't recall there being any sort of reset or fuse on the pump body itself. On my install I put an in-line fuse on the power to the pump just to be sure if something were to get sucked into the pump, it would pop the fuse before destroying everything.

One thing that comes to my mind is possibly a clogged mixing valve, much like Newty was talking about above with a buddies hot water not working. I'd pull the hoses off of the back of the mixing valve a take a look. Then, if that's clear, check the hoses coming off of the pump, maybe something did get stuck in there.

When I winterized this past year, I noticed that there was some buildup of debris on the hot-side screen of the mixing valve. Since I've got the hot water coming from the block (I assume you do as well), that tends to have some debris in it from corrosion inside cooling jacket of the engine. Not a big deal, just a likely culprit for low or no flow.

That's all of course after checking the in-line fuse that you put on with your install - if you put one on that is.
    Last edited by squeeg333; 07-02-2012 at 06:51 PM.
    2015 Supra SC400
    08 LSV - Sold
    Go big, or go home.

Checked the wires, checked the fuse. The pump died. I ordered a new one and was able to slap it back in and am back in business again. Figured I would send the old pump in and see if it can be serviced or not. If so, then I have a spare on hand.
    Derek & Poppy
    Exile 12" sub w/ XM12.1
    Exile ZLD MKII

Here is my pump install. Pretty much the same as all the previous posts. I used a 4.4 GPH RV pump and it has fantastic pressure. It shoots probably 25-30 feet. I pieced the thing together vs. buying the kit to save money. I did order the heatercraft control valve and switch from their website for about $39. Other than that it was several trips to Lowe's for all the brass fittings and other parts. Into it about $195 vs $400-500 for the kit. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
    2007 LSV