Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Monster Towers Cargo Bimini

I know I saw the Monster Towers Cargo Bimini in somebody's description of their boat, but I don't remember who. Does anyone have one, like or dislike it?
    Is is worth the dough??

Thanks
    Darren
    FamilyMatters

2009 Outback

I have one... but I still haven't installed it! In fact, I haven't even had my boat home from the marina to do the small bit of drilling required. Possibly I'll do that during my staycation next week.

One of the mounts shipped was a bit loose and I still need to ask them to replace it. Otherwise, it looks like a very solid piece of hardware. I have assembled it and it's pretty much exactly as you'd expect from the description.
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini

Reese350 Guest

Can't speak to the Monster but I just got one for my 07 Outback from www.towerbiminis.com and couldn't be happier with it. It didn't require any drilling, took about 10 minutes to install and is rock solid. Cost me about $750 shipped to my door.

I love our monster tower Bimini. Fairly easy to install. It doesn't shake or rattle at speeds up 35mph on the water(didnt go any fast but sure it wouldn't shake or rattle either. I am 6'1" and I can stand straight up underneath in the middle. Room for speakers on back bar of tower. Make sure you get the largest size especially since it is the same price. Was worried to drill into the tower but turn out fantastic. Easy to take down. I love it because we can leave the tube inflated and up top all day and just take it down when we need it. No stopping to blow it up or deflate it. Well worth 599 plus tax and shipping cost around 640 or 670 if you live I Tenn. Wouldn't even consider z5 since it's 1200- 1800 dollars more depending on what dealer is trying to rip you off. Lots of options for placement/height and even adjustable somewhat after install! Monster towers is great to deal/work with!!!
    2012 Mojo
    2009 LS (SOLD!!!)
    2010 Tundra 5.7 Crewmax 4X4

BTW Three wake boards with bindings on fit easily on cargo top. They won't go anywhere. Also tested at 35mph without problem. Same with tube.
    2012 Mojo
    2009 LS (SOLD!!!)
    2010 Tundra 5.7 Crewmax 4X4

Quote Originally Posted by Salyers View Post
    Well worth 599 plus tax and shipping cost around 640 or 670 if you live I Tenn. Wouldn't even consider z5 since it's 1200- 1800 dollars more depending on what dealer is trying to rip you off.
    If anyone found a Z-5 for $1200 they would buy it all day because it's worth 1,200 but in fact if you order it with a boat it's $1,500. If you want one after your purchase...try $2,000-$2,500 for the Z-5. Now that is crazy. Everyone who owns a Z-5 loves it's features, functions, styling, and quality. With that said, a few years ago people were buying them for $1,600 all day but now due to markups, material, who knows what else, standard dealer pricing is outrageous so I don't know anyone who has bought one after their boat purchase. Everyone goes to Monster or Tower Biminis.

buy it. you will love having it.

link to my install:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....hlight=monster

I have installed monster tower Bimini in my boat and frankly speaking it's not as easy as Salyers told to install.

Quote Originally Posted by mighty View Post
    I have installed monster tower Bimini in my boat and frankly speaking it's not as easy as Salyers told to install.
    sorry you had problems, but with two people, some patience and the old trick of measuring twice - I found the install quite easy.

I have one and love it. My only complaint is that because I have a narrower aftermarket tower, I had to get the smaller size. Looks great, functions great. I didn't think the install was hard. I do think you absolutely need some clamps and at least one extra set of hands to do the install. 2 extra sets and it is easy. you plus 1 friend is a necessity - you plus 2 makes it better. Plan an hour and a half to two and a half hours if you go slow on these projects. The second one you could do in an hour.