Default I need some music!

Ok. Its time to get some sounds in the boat. I have a 12in sub in a box with a 300 watt amp that I want to mount in the boat. I have an 99 Outback that takes some water in at times. I guess I really ahve 3 questions. Where should I put the sub? Do I need to get some sort of water proof box? Also, should I be looking at getting another battery if I plan on tower speakers in the near future? I have some experience installing stereos, I not an expert by any means, but I would like to install this system myself. Any pointers, comments, or advice would sweet and greatly appreciated! Cheers,
    Joe

Default Replying to Topic 'I need some music!'

I just mounted mine about 2" off the floor behind the observer seat, I figure I wont ever take more water than that. I wouldnt worry about a second battery yet, I have tower speakers and a sub and havent had any probs yet.

I put up a quick web page with some changes i did to my 02 outback LS. Its nothing special but may give you some ideas. The stereo is not highend but it's by far better than stock.
    http://home.mass.rr.com/moombaoutback/

check out my web page don't know if it will help but it might give you a few ideas! The stereo is nothing special but its better that stock!
    http://home.mass.rr.com/moombaoutback/