Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default considering an upgrade to ballast

Hey Guys i have been wakesurfing for years now but just got my lsv 05. I am considering the 1100lbs rear sac for it and the much bigger center sac. My question. Does it make the wave way bigger? I already run the 750 in the rear.
    and the stock center sac.
    The new sac I am considering is 1100 lbs. Will it fit in the locker? if not I am not interested in it.

Thanks guys

I probably wouldn't get it in an '05 LSV. You're beam is only 95". I have them in my XLV and I'm very careful about how I arrange them inside the locker so as to lessen the pressure on the folding panel. There those on here that hate on solid ballast vs. water ballast, but if you wanted, you could always get 200-300lbs of pop-bags that could go in the same compartment as the 750's. I just think the 1100's will not fill anywhere to the 1100lb potential in your boat.

750lb bag wont even fill to full back in a 05 lsv-was in a 08 outback V this last week and he had a 750 bag and seems it will get about 90% filled
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

well maybe those bags are not the 750s. There is not much room left over but there is at least a few inches of free space. I will have to have a look next weekend as the boat is up on a lift at the lake. Anyother ideas?

Either put a few hundred pounds of pop-bags in the compartment on the surf side or extra sacs on the seat/floor

I have lots of sacs left over from my old sunsetter so I have tons of them to play with. Only problem is my wife dosent like the ballast on the floor, so I gotta figure something out!

Wakemakers has a few narrow sacs that will fit under the seats but you'll lose that valuable space

I am not to concerned about space as I dont really keep anything under the back seats except for a rag and boat cleaner. We are lucky enough to have cottage on a small lake so I am only 5 min from anywhere on the lake. I just order a 750 from wakemakers and the fittings so I will give it a try. I still have 2 680lbs launch pads sacs and 400lb launch pad sac as well as a 250 fly high sac.

I just got to figure out how to plub the 250 fly high into the front ballast

Put in the 750 last night and couldnt get it right full as the fill line was to short but that will be remedied this weekend. Wow what a difference the 750 makes and wow does it ever take a lot longer to fill! Not a big deal though, just drop it down off the lift and back it half way off, go get beer, shorts, towel and my kid ready, =ballast filled. I am not sure if I will be able to sneak it past the wife this summer for the bow ballast and the upgrade the fill system.
    Thanks for all your help and advice.

That reminds me. At the Sinclair Jam, Saltyoysters coached surfers all day and even brought some demo grom boards to try out. At the end of the day I pulled my 750 and put it on the port side so he could finally get a chance to surf. Although it filled almost all the way, because I wasn't set up for a 750 on that side the hose was too short when the bag was mostly filled. I have to figure out what to do about that. Thanks for the reminder.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!