Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Wakesurfing Newb Question

I was thinking about maybe purchasing a wakesurfing board to have something alittle less demanding. Question being is can you wakesurf when the lake is choppy? Reason I ask is because alot of the time the lake I boat on isn't really smooth. I have only seen it like glass a few times. Most the time when I'm trying to board on weekends and stuff the water has about a 6 to 8" chop going across it. It is alittle more then I like for wakebaording do thought maybe when it was like this I could wakesurf. Any ideas?
    2006 Mobius LSV

That's when most wakeboarders go surfing...when there's just a little too much chop to make good passes. Rollers are more a problem to surfing than chop.

Sweet.......
    2006 Mobius LSV

Sled491 Guest

It can still suck if there is too much chop, but I agree, a great way to use the lake when the water is less than ideal.

I just trying to find something so that if I drag my boat 45 mins to the lake and it is too choppy for boarding then I could surf. Atleast surfing will help with balance and all. Trying to stay away from tubing.

Was looking at a O'brien Alias. This be a good board for a begginer?
    2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    it's a great board for beginners! It was designed by one of Skiers Choice's athletes - Russ Wilde.

Russ coaches wakesurfing and his students use the Alias to learn quickly.

BTW, surfing on choppy water sucks big ones. Give me glass anyday
    Who wouldn't want glass to surf on but he was asking about choppy water. Light chop is not an issue, rollers are more of an issue. If you're talking about more than 6" chop, then it does suck

Sled491 Guest

6 -8, I'm out.

Default Stock Ballast

Can I surf with stock ballast on a 2006 Mobius LSV?
    2006 Mobius LSV

You can definitely do it. Better to park a couple big guys on the surf side. You should have 400 in the center and 400 in the surf side locker. Put the wakeplate all the way up and run 9.5-10.5 MPH. You'll find if you upgrade the surf side 400 to a 750 and park a couple guys on that side you will have a wake about as good as anyone's.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I would agree, I have an 07 LSV and 750 in rear locker w/ 400 center generates a nice wake to surf. If you add people, experment moving them around, and remember you need weight in the front to extend the wake. If you are to light in the front then you will need a little wake plate.
    07 LSV