Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wanna make my XLV shine!

Yall got any good suggestions on great cleaning/waxing products to really make my baby shine? Any specific techniques or tools used? Gotta impress for the 4th of July coming up (although it doesnt take much to impress already).
    2006 Moomba XLV Gravity Games

Meguairs Flagship marine wax will make it bling. It's easy on and easy off. Get a ton of microfiber towels to help. Get some Babes vinyl products for the interior and also a good waterspot remover for wiping down after the day. Between waxes and/or for a detail spray use some Babes Boat Brite or Boat Bling Hot Sauce.

...i love leverage .... leveragepolish.com
    ----
    2007 LSV

What type of buffing compound do you fellas use before waxing?
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

that's the beauty of leverage ... you don't need to do that. just wipe it on and off- done.
    ----
    2007 LSV

yeah, i've been happy with meguire products too.
    08 Outback
    82 American Skier

I've been using Meguires on the inside & TurtleWax on the outside. I'll be looking into the Meguires Marine specific products before the next good cleaning though.

Quote Originally Posted by meech View Post
    that's the beauty of leverage ... you don't need to do that. just wipe it on and off- done.
    I'm interested but skeptical. More details?

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    I'm interested but skeptical. More details?
    no joke- i love this stuff. you literally just spray some leverage onto a terry cloth towel then wipe it off with a clean terry cloth. I do this once at the beginning of the summer and once at the end- it’s very easy to apply. You don’t even need to wash the boat before hand, which I like.

Once we’re off the water I just wipe down the boat and the water glides off. Btw, if you do a forum search some threads should pull up.

I think Ed tried it out too and he liked it as well.

This is all I use. And, no I don’t work for leverage….haha. Hope this helps.
    ----
    2007 LSV

Hmm... still sounds a little like an infomercial. I'm just wondering how it will remove yellow lake stains from the white hull. Maybe it protects so well you don't need them in the first place? I suppose I should just give it a try and see for myself. Thanks for the suggestion!