Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Question RE: 08 Outback V

looking at buying a used 08 outback V, but i have been told it doesnt have the gravity3 system. Have been wake surfing on other peoples boats and love it. Want to use this boat to surf. Can you get this system installed after market and it this a good surf boat?

ed will be chiming in here shortly

yes, it is a very good boat and can surf well when set up properly. you can add a ballast system to any boat. if it as the gravityI setup, then the switch is fairly easy. if you have to start from scratch, then it's a little more involved, but the boat was built for it...

hope to welcome you to the family soon
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

eds boat is different hull than the 08 so........I will answer

I have a 07 obv and had my dealer upgrade the gravity 1 to a 3 system If i remember right it was ~$750 for that and then I bought a 750 lb fatsack for the side. If your going to surf with a few people in the boat the surf wake is great with the 750

I also have extra bags for when I dont have any human ballast I will throw a 250 sack or two on the surf slde seats to get the boat to lean a bit more

The biggest thing that helps me get a great wake is the wake plate I usually have it set around 3/4 up but with the weight changing you can adjust on the fly its by far the best feature moomba's have for surfing

I run 10.5 mph usually also and my obv will kick up a nice surf wake !!!
    2007 Outback V

thanks for your insight!
    appreciate it.
    think that makes it a go for the purchase........

I have the 08 OBV and love it. I am starting to upgrade my GI system to a GIII system. You can have hte GIII system installed but I did not like the setup the shop would do so i am installing it myself.

Right now for wakesurfing i put one or two people in the V-drive storage area and it creates a nice wake. oo I mean i move some weight into the surf side storage area.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Nabb, i the 07 obv, same boat and have been surfing with the 400lb plus another 200 on the surf side.using the tsunami 1200 over the side pump. I need a 750 but right now 2 400lbs will do, ( one full, the other half way. I finally have all the parts to make the Gi to GIII upgrade, Now i just nees time to pull the floor and install..

Search "you can surf the OBV" for pics...
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I have the same boat as jvmotto. I run 750 in the rear, 400 in the center and an integrated bow sac which I think is 650lbs. When you get three big guys in the boat with all that ballast it is pretty sweet.

jvmotto, my boat is the GI system and I am currently using an over the side Tsunami pump to fill the 750 and the IBS. I would be interested in knowing what parts are required to upgrade to the GIII. Perhaps you can do some documentation of your install and post it? It would be most excellent of you if you did!
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckle Head View Post
    I have the same boat as jvmotto. I run 750 in the rear, 400 in the center and an integrated bow sac which I think is 650lbs. When you get three big guys in the boat with all that ballast it is pretty sweet.

jvmotto, my boat is the GI system and I am currently using an over the side Tsunami pump to fill the 750 and the IBS. I would be interested in knowing what parts are required to upgrade to the GIII. Perhaps you can do some documentation of your install and post it? It would be most excellent of you if you did!
    How do the 750's fit? Does it improve the wake that much from the 400's? I do alot of wakeboarding and do not know if i want to install 400's or 750's in the rear.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

750's just fit. I would estimate that they are about 90% full. I dunno how they compare to the 400's as I never had them to begin with.
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V

CH,

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....ght=parts+list

This is the list i use to gather parts from to make it factory, some and probably most have done the gI to Giii a different way, I got most of my parts from Flow rite, ebay, the dealer and other moomba members. I will try to post pics soon . there are lots of options. Mine uses the factory sprinkler valves which others have ripped out.....
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold