Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: lake michigan

Default lake michigan

anyone every drop their moomba in? i'm heading out on saturday for the first time on lake michigan in my '07 LSV. i've been itching to get some action shots with the skyline in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by liquidlite View Post
    anyone every drop their moomba in? i'm heading out on saturday for the first time on lake michigan in my '07 LSV. i've been itching to get some action shots with the skyline in the background.
    Deerfield has posted a couple times about dropping in the big lake. Here is one of them:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....=lake+michigan

Keep sight of shore. Storms kick up fast. Be safe.

Deerfield,

I just read the post referenced in this thread. What lake do you go out on in Southern Wisconsin? Curious as that's where I'm from..
    08 Outback
    82 American Skier

Quote Originally Posted by liquidlite View Post
    liquid - Lake Michigan can be a fabulous place with your boat. My boys really like it. But you got to pick a day when the wind is out of the southwest to get calm seas. If you get there, I'd sure like to hear about your experience. - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Quote Originally Posted by phospher View Post
    Deerfield,

I just read the post referenced in this thread. What lake do you go out on in Southern Wisconsin? Curious as that's where I'm from..
    phospher - The town of Twin Lakes is just north of Wilmot Ski Hill and the Illinois/Wisconsin state line. The twin lakes are Lake Mary and Lake Elizabeth. Our boat is on a lift in front of Pier West Restaurant on Lake Mary. I guess the drive time from Milwaukee to Twin Lakes is 45 minutes to one hour. There is a public launch for $7 and you can tie up right at the restaurant. Our black and red Outback is in the last slip at the end of the pier. - Deerfield
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Quote Originally Posted by deerfield View Post
    phospher - The town of Twin Lakes is just north of Wilmot Ski Hill and the Illinois/Wisconsin state line. The twin lakes are Lake Mary and Lake Elizabeth. Our boat is on a lift in front of Pier West Restaurant on Lake Mary. I guess the drive time from Milwaukee to Twin Lakes is 45 minutes to one hour. There is a public launch for $7 and you can tie up right at the restaurant. Our black and red Outback is in the last slip at the end of the pier. - Deerfield

Well I'll be damned. So your one of the illiniasians crowding our lake That is my home town, born and raised and I've actually seen your boat as me and my friends go out on that lake a lot and pick people up from that pier. My buddy has a red and white 2007 supra 22ssv(graphics removed) that we go out on a lot. Another one of my friends keeps his pontoon boat at Pier West and I have friends who live on Lake Mary. If I ever see you out there I'll stop and say Hi. I know a lot of people from that area. I actually am attending a wedding at the Twin Lakes country club this weekend. I should also mention that I've been skiing at Wilmot since I was two.
    Last edited by phospher; 06-25-2010 at 09:16 AM.
    08 Outback
    82 American Skier

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by phospher View Post
    Well I'll be damned. So your one of the illiniasians crowding our lake That is my home town, born and raised and I've actually seen your boat as me and my friends go out on that lake a lot and pick people up from that pier. My buddy has a red and white 2007 supra 22ssv(graphics removed) that we go out on a lot. Another one of my friends keeps his pontoon boat at Pier West and I have friends who live on Lake Mary. If I ever see you out there I'll stop and say Hi. I know a lot of people from that area. I actually am attending a wedding at the Twin Lakes country club this weekend. I should also mention that I've been skiing at Wilmot since I was two.
    phospher - A small world. Yes, please do. If you spot us out in the boat, get our attention and we can meet. We will be there all day tomorrow (Sunday). Am taking off Thursday and Friday this week to create a long weekend. So, we should be up there several times between this and next weekends. Look forward to meeting you. - Deerfield
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

Sled491 Guest

Supra Hunter spends a lot of time on the big lake as well.

Deerfield, be sure to wear your Bears gear when you meet up with them Packer fans.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!