Default Perfect Pass Stargazer question

I have PP Stargazer Wakeboard on my '06 OBV and have a question for you all regarding system engagement. My son wakeboards at 19mph (he's 65lbs, no ballast, typically 2 other kids and 2 adults on board, so pretty lightly weighted) but when I throttle up, the system beeps at around 19.3-19.5 to indicate engagement, but then drops back to less than 16.5mph before accelerating back to the setting of 19mph. I've run the test mode several times to check the system and everything checks out. I also played with the KPM setting (can't remember if those the are exact initials or not), increasing it slightly to see if the scenario changes, but it doesn't.

Can anyone post about how their system engages and if you are experiencing similar results?
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    Only way I found to eliminate the problem is to pull the rider out of the water a little more aggresively
    +1 on this. Try hitting it a bit harder and you shouldn't have this problem.
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V

Thanks EdG, darn I was hoping there was a fix for this issue. I notice that when I run the test mode, the rpms only go to about 1560, vs the 1730 that the instructions say. I emailed PP and Aaron responded that it may be caused by an engine issue, and to retest in a few weeks. But the rpm readings in test mode have been the same since the install last year, and the engine doesn't feel like it has any issues.

The '06 is a psuedo DBW. It is DBW but the POT is at the motor, vs at the thottle handle. The only difference in the install is that the main harness had to be fed back to the motor to plug into the DBW POT back there. No servo like the true mechanical versions. It took a while to get the PP guys, the SC guys, and me on the same page as the PP guys thought it was full-on DBW like the '07+ and SC guys thought I needed the PP version with the servo.
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

Canuckle by "hitting a bit harder" do you mean just acclerate faster and through the set speed?
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

Quote Originally Posted by mnpracing View Post
    Canuckle by "hitting a bit harder" do you mean just acclerate faster and through the set speed?
    Yup. I find that if it's a slow start is takes longer to calibrate to the correct speed. More like accelerate faster to the set speed. Once you hear the beeps, stop.
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V

I have the regular wakeboard pro (and not throttle by wire) and it works a lot better than you guys are describing. If I have the speed set at 19, mine will engage at about 17 or so then it will take it up to 19 and hold it there. When surfing and I have it set at 10mph, it engages at about 8 or 9, takes it up to 10, then holds it there. I guess low tech works better than high in this case?

The only time I have problems is if I pull someone up too fast and don't back off quickly enough before the system engages. In that case, it will shoot up to 3 or 4 mph over the desired speed, then slow down to about 1 or 2 below the set speed, then finally settle in at the set speed. So I've learned to back off the throttle well below the engagement point for a smooth handoff between me and PP.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Ed, for surfing you can control the boat and the wake pretty easy on the rope. As your rider starts, have them veer wide outside while you push the throttle a little faster and further than normal. This adds to the lean of the boat and really speeds up the amount of time it takes for the wake to build, so people don't spend time fighting the wash. This should allow the PP to settle in to the right RPM faster as well.
    -ryan
    '10 Wakesetter LSV