Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rear Light Pole

Default Rear Light Pole

My cousin has a 04 Outback, and she doesn't have a rear light. She has a light on the top of the tower. Is the light on the top of the tower legal? or does she need to buy one for the rear? And will any universal light fit in the hole?

Quote Originally Posted by graphic nature View Post
    My cousin has a 04 Outback, and she doesn't have a rear light. She has a light on the top of the tower. Is the light on the top of the tower legal? or does she need to buy one for the rear? And will any universal light fit in the hole?
    As long as you have one on the tower you are good to go! As a matter of fact I swapped mine out for a 12v DC plug in for the air pump so I can inflate and deflate the tubes for the kids.
    2023 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Malibu VLX 21 - SOLD
    2005 Moomba XLV - SOLD
    2001 Supra - SOLD
    1998 Master Craft - SOLD

Pretty sure law requires the light to be located at the highest, most visible location. Therefore on the tower would be correct. My LSV, like most wakeboats, is on the Tower and have never been stopped.

Even most center consoles with factory tee tops will have the light on the tee top. My fathers is aftermarket folding top, but DNR has never said anything to us as long as we have the light on.

SC_LSV
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV Black/Grey
    Board - 08 Ronix Covin / 08 Ronix Cells
    Surf - CWB Tsunami
    Audio - 6 - JL M650-CCX 6.5" in boat
    2 - JL M770-ETX 7.7" on Tower
    2 - JL 10" W1 Subs
    JL M6600W & JL M1700W Amps

Quote Originally Posted by stretch55 View Post
    As long as you have one on the tower you are good to go! As a matter of fact I swapped mine out for a 12v DC plug in for the air pump so I can inflate and deflate the tubes for the kids.
    Ditto..........You'll find alot of members on here have done this

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

I got inspected the other day and the tower light is legal..

although interestingly enough, lake in boise inspects for lights only if you admit you will be on the lake after dark, lake in nampa that has hardcore cops that are about ticket writing force you to have lights, even tho the lake is only open from april 15-september 30 and has a curfew of 9pm, so you wouldn't be on the lake and need them..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

It is legal and a factory standard with a tower.
    2007 Mobius LSV

I do boat inspections and yes the light on the tower is approved. The reason is because it is a white all around light meaning you can see it 360 degrees.

Below is a PDF for the Coast Guard Vessel Safety Check. If you get a check done from the Coast Guard or Coast Guard Aux it is above most local and state police do and it is recognized across the US.

http://forms.cgaux.org/archive/a7012.pdf

Below is another good site to see what you need and to find a Coast Guard or Power squadron person to do a check in your area. (Oregon People let me know since i can do vessel safety checks)

http://www.safetyseal.net/
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Quote Originally Posted by jester View Post
    I do boat inspections and yes the light on the tower is approved. The reason is because it is a white all around light meaning you can see it 360 degrees.

Below is a PDF for the Coast Guard Vessel Safety Check. If you get a check done from the Coast Guard or Coast Guard Aux it is above most local and state police do and it is recognized across the US.

http://forms.cgaux.org/archive/a7012.pdf

Below is another good site to see what you need and to find a Coast Guard or Power squadron person to do a check in your area. (Oregon People let me know since i can do vessel safety checks)

http://www.safetyseal.net/

Do you have the stickers. That go on the boat also like the county saftey inspections?
    2023 Moomba Mojo
    2005 Moomba XLV - SOLD
    2001 Supra - SOLD
    1998 Master Craft - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by stretch55 View Post
    Do you have the stickers. That go on the boat also like the county saftey inspections?

Yes I can issue you a sticker when you pass.
    Last edited by jester; 06-24-2010 at 11:23 AM. Reason: too much info
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Quote Originally Posted by jester View Post
    Yes I can issue you a sticker when you pass.
    Are you gonna be at the AWS buyers reunion Saturday?
    2023 Moomba Mojo
    2005 Moomba XLV - SOLD
    2001 Supra - SOLD
    1998 Master Craft - SOLD