Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This boat is hard loaded! It is a little more than you want to spend but it would be worth the extra payment. It would throw a super wake.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=11751

Unfortunately that's a tough price range. You will definitely be able to find something, it will just take time, so it's good you are willing to wait until winter.

It's definitely a personal decision, but I would encourage you to get a V. If boarding is your thing and you get a DD, you will always wonder if you could have had a better wake. Having said that, if you find a simply amazing deal on a DD, pick it up. I know you want to keep it for 6 years, but the reason that it's much harder to find a good boat under $25K is because prices are flat at that age (it's true for a lot of types of boats, check the thread on monthly costs). A good deal will get you started and you can always sell it a couple years later and move on.

Again, be patient, keep an eye on craigslist, ebay and the paper and also sites like onlyinboards. The first two will be the easiest, but you're likely to find the best deals in the paper or local online classifieds. Early December is usually a good time to buy. Keep an eye on boats that have been for sale for awhile and go make an offer.

Craigslist is also a good place to get deals on your gear. I bought a nice spectra rope and handle, plus a flack jacket for $75 off craigslist, then sold the jacket a few days later on ebay for $40, so I got a really sweet deal on a rope. I also bought my first surf board off ebay that had been damaged in shipping. Look for anchors, bumpers, safety life jackets, etc, even boards. As long as it's decent, getting a boat board used is a great way to get started and figure out what you want for your personal board. Now til the end of summer is when you will see most of that stuff.
    -ryan
    '10 Wakesetter LSV

mosely thanks for keeping me in mind. i like that boat and would love to get one like that but ive made up my mind im gonna wait till the off season to buy one so i may be more likely to find a good deal.

Talking

Tyger, thanks for all the advice it looks like thats what im gonna do i really appreciate all the help everyone has offered.

Don't wait too long. Northern boats, properly winterized, age more gracefully than southern boats as the season is shorter. But, the owners will winterize and put them away. It's very hard to water test on ice. If you do your homework and get ready to pounce when the right deal comes up you'll be fine. Also, tell your local dealer what you are looking for. The dealer may be able to make an "end of the season" sale of a new boat to someone if he knows there is an immediate buyer for the trade.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!